“Overreaching”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visiting summer resorts presents a problem -- try where the natives eat which will be good for ambience but not fancy (though sometimes very good) on food or try the places that are purely touristic where the food will be more ambitious. This represents the latter option. Since they are not getting a year-round fancy-folk clientele they are not getting a star chef so they are not able to compete with boston, nyc, etc. All of this preamble to say: stick with the simpler dishes which are excellent. Eschew and void the complex and more extensive preparations (i had the impression that the server was pushing these a bit hard). Note that this restaurant is in the mashpee megamall which has a number of high-end dining places but this is perhaps the highest.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Well, I don't know what to say about this. My daughter is traveling to France this year and we thought it would be in keeping to have a birthday dinner there.

I started off with oysters on the half shell. They were on a bed of ice, but due to the summer or kitchen heat the ice had melted somewhat with some of the melt water lapping into the oysters. I went with it anyway, although this may have been the cause of some mild GI upset the next day. Mind you, I can't pinpoint that as the reason, and it was indeed mild. The Mignonette sauce was just OK and I wish they could of provided some addition or an alternative.

I had shepherds pie which was made from lamb shank, potatoes, mushroom and leek. This was truly very appetizing. What I didn't like about this though was that the accompanying salad was plopped down on the same plate and the juices from the shepherds pie leaked all into it. So I didn't eat the salad.

The rest of our party liked their meals.

The cappuccino at the end of the meal was good.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Bleu is what dining should be. Informal ambience, perfection in the wait-staff and superb food from a consistently excellent French chef. Bleu is our long time favorite in Mashpee for casual fine dining. They excel at well prepared fish but I had perfect rack of lamb. Others in the group had salads, local flounder and salmon. The desert tray was off the charts. The wine list runs the gamut, and features well priced wines by the glass of high quality.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a fabulous restaurant. Frederic Feufeu is a terrific chef and the waitstaff is the best. Sadly, however, they have trouble keeping up with the increased traffic in the summer months. We really enjoy this place but the staff is simply too stressed when the outdoor seating opens and the summer crowd arrives. We have experienced this two years in a row now. We will be back to this terrific restaurant - but not until fall when the summer crowd is gone.

1  Thank socaltrek91
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very Nice popular restaurant. I had delicious mussels for lunch, also salads look great.
It was a bit noisy, so see if you can get a corner table, but it seems the in place to be.