“Mashpee commons”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had dinner at bleu we sat at the bar the bartender was great food was excellent we would recommend this place to anyone a must visit

Reviewed January 21, 2013

If I had my way I'd move the comfortable wing chairs from the living room into the kitchen next to the window and take my meals there. My wife tells me this is never going to happen, Hope is not lost. I can go to Bleu in Mashpee Commons, and if lucky, find one of the 3 small tables by the window in the bar open. There are two comfy wing chairs at each table. On Sundays for brunch one can listen to a low-key jazz trio (no late Coltrane), dine on Bleu's excellent ceasar salad and escargot (among many other delectables) and feel on departing that the day has not been wasted.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I dined at this restaurant about 2 years ago and while finding the food experience very good, it did not have a WOW factor. We gave it another try to take advantage of the 3 course $25 prix fixe menu on a Monday evening in January. My husband and son joined me and we decided to try everything on the prix fixe menu, which was easily accomplished as each the appetizer, entree and dessert offered 3 choices. If I'm correct, the prix fixe menu changes daily and is not offered on Friday and and Saturday nights. We started with bread-crusty and fresh. Each appetizer was so ample, that it really could have served as a meal. The duck confit and cod chowder were delightful.Usually in a restaurant chowder is served in a small bowl-but not this. The confit was also so plentiful that even with my 22 year old son helping my husband, they sadly had to leave some behind. Each bountiful entree (and side dishes)-sea salt crusted roast chicken, maple bacon salmon and roasted pork chop offered unique flavors and notable freshness. The desserts-caramel rice pudding, apple bread pudding and creme brulee- were exceptionally yummy. I've eaten a lot of good creme brulee, but this was a cut above. While I can't say enough about the food, the service was just average. Even though our waiter was sweet and friendly, he was pulled in too many directions. Perhaps someone called in that evening, because the inattentiveness of the waiter seemed related to not enough servers. I am a particular and critical diner. My father was in the business and he would send me in anonymously to his restaurants to give him feedback on not only the food and service but even the cleanliness of the rest room. For me, if the bread makes a bad initial impression, there's no excuse and it colors my opinion of the whole meal. Likewise the coffee at the end of the meal needs to be excellent- or the meal experience is tainted. Bleu passed the WOW factor test. I forgot to mention that the decor and ambiance were both casual and romantic, with low lighting and eclectic charm.Overall an exceptional dining experience if you cut some slack for that night's service. Now after you've tried Bleu, travel a short way to the Glass Onion in Falmouth -which has been my favorite restaurant on Cape Cod. However, Bleu is now neck and neck. As I live close to Bleu, I will make this a frequent stop, especially when I want to impress guests. (Note: the normal menu prices are in the $$$ range)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

There is no dish at this restaurant that you might regret ordering.
The handmade chocolate truffles are a wonderful surprise at the end.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great chef - owner, wonderful French flavors and sauces are excellent. Fish dishes are surprisingly good due to sauces. Side dishes like potatoes with leeks were great.
A quality place, although the servers are below average and inattentive at times. We had to ask several times for more iced tea or bread as the server was out of sight. Otherwise this is a great treat.