“First time eating French food”
Review of Bleu

Bleu
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Mashpee
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
NYC
“First time eating French food”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stopped here on the advice of a friend, and we were not disappointed. The food was out of this world. I had never eaten French food before here. Prices were consistent with a fine dining establishment and the extensive wine list allowed us to pair a great French red with our dinner. We had the dessert sampler and were in dessert heaven...

Calgary, Canada
“Extraordinary find outside of France”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We've been in France many times over the last 20 years -- and to find such a great French dining experience outside of France was absolutely extraordinary. I am just disappointed that we were passing through town and so only had the chance to eat here at lunch! The chef took a French classic "croque monsieur" and made it into something really fabulous. The accompanying salad was ingeneous, attractive and tasted lovely. My husband had a tomato tart and salad -- he said the best he's ever had. The service was professional and timely without hovering; the dining room pleasant on a misty October afternoon. It was just too bad that we were on the road and won't likely be back that way again any time soon.

denver, colorado
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I was traveling on my birthday so wanted to try someplace nice for dinner. Bleu was a perfect choice. Everything we had was excellent. For dinner I had the salmon which was as good as I expected it to be, the surprise was the hazelnut and butternut squash puree. I didn't expect to think twice about this dish but it was a highlight! My dinner companions all loved it as well. Writing this makes me wish I could go again tonight.

New Jersey, USA
“An unexpected touch of France”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We didn't expect to find a french-inspired restaurant with a nice wine list in the middle of Mashpee Commons, a shopping district. We were there for lunch on an October day warm enough to sit on their patio. The service was excellent. The mussels appetizer served with a creme fraiche and wine sauce is big enough for a meal by the time you finish mopping up the sauce with bread. The "raclette" served with brie melted over potatoes and sweet onions topped with a perfectly poached egg, but no cornichon, is presented with an arugula salt with duck "prosciutto" and is lush, rich, and very filling. However, if you have appetizer, main course, dessert, and wine, you can expect a $100 bill to arrive at the end of the meal.

Portland, Oregon
“Almost excellent, but some lapses”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Three friends ate on the patio next to the restaurant, very pleasant & breezy after a breathlessly hot day. The menu offers some quite elaborate French inspired preparations of local seafood, too rich elaborate & expensive ["plat de resistance" $27-$33] to be of interest on a warm summer evening, but a better selection of hors d'ouevres. I had the local [Cotuit, MA] oysters on the half shell & a green salad, both entirely delicious. One friend had a first course of braised pork and duck pate, a large serving, tasty but rich, the other had the bacalao chowder, luscious! Both ordered the lobster cake as a second course, but were able to eat less than half, again very rich. Service was very good, and it was quiet enough to carry on a conversation.

• Visited August 2012