“Quality family time, good food, and lots to see!”
Review of Sea Mist Resort

Sea Mist Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashpee
Reviewed June 11, 2009

My mother, 2 sisters and I exchanged my 1 bedroom time share for a 1 bedroom townhome at the Sea Mist in Mashpee, Cape Cod. The accommodations are a little outdated, but both the queen size pull out downstairs and the queen bed upstairs were quite comfy. The indoor pool (too cool yet for the outdoor one) hot tub and sauna were very nice. The front desk, especially Brett were extremely helpful with suggestions of where to eat and what to do. Mashpee is centrally located for most of Cape Cod, except for Provincetown - 1 1/2 hour drive....that said, the drives were scenic and enjoyable. We took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard, the harbor cruise at Hyannis, visited the Heritage gardens and museum in Sandwich and the hightlight was whale watching from P-town. What a treat, the humpback whales were right alongside our boat and seemed to be checking us out as we watched them. All in all a very nice vacation.

• Stayed: June 2009
5  Thank TommyJo

Reviewed August 28, 2008

My wife and I and another couple exchanged into the Sea Mist Resort in a one bedroom 2 floor townhouse. The main floor had a full bathroom, kitchen. living room and walk-out to a patio with table, chairs and umbrella. The upstairs was a large master bedroom which had a window looking over the downstairs living room. This allowed extra light into the upstairs. The living room had 2 skylights, pullout sofa bed and TV with a DVD/VCR combo.

From the walkout you saw wooded area with picnic tables and bbq's. I could use my laptop from the unit, as it was close enough to the main building, which had computer access in the lobby.

The resort consists of 11 separate buildings, 90 units, some were townhouses likes ours, others were 2 floor buildings with apts on each floor. I would recommend the townhouse style as it was more private and you had nobody over you. We asked for a key to the view and apartment style unit. We did not like it, as it was dark inside, and no real privacy for another couple.

The resort has a large outdoor pool, which they have divided in half deep and half shallow for kids. There are 2 sets of stairs to the shallow end for kids to get into the pool. There are tons of loungers around the pool and you would never have to worry about not finding a chair. They had tables with umbrellas if you wanted to be in the shade. To enter the pool you had to enter through the lobby of the resort that way you do not have to worry about small children getting into the pool unattended. They also have a large indoor pool that would be used in the off-season months. There was a hot tub, sauna and exercise room within the indoor pool area.

From the Sea Mist Resort you could plan day trips to see the sites of Cape Cod. We went to Martha's Vineyard one day on the ferry from Falmouth. Another day we drove to Provincetown, and walked along the beach before we got to Provincetown. We went to see the Kennedy compound in Yarmouth. The Sea Mist is a great stepping-stone to see the sites.

We were there just before the high season started and driving around was not difficult.There is shopping just a block away with a large grocery store in Mashpee Commons. It looked fairly new and had lots of stores to keep you busy. The ladies went over several times to pick up great deals

.Check-in and out was very quick and efficient. I would like to go back again for another visit. I would also like to buy a unit there, but as stated before only a townhouse unit. It is within a day for driving from home and that is a plus these days with the cost of airfares.This is a resort you could bring young children; they have mini-golf, tennis courts and a pool suitable for small children.

• Stayed: June 2008
7  Thank B243923
Reviewed May 18, 2008

I have a timeshare here and have gone the past 2 years. My boyfriend has been going since he was a child and still loves it! It is very quiet, peaceful, and roomy. I love that it has a full kitchen with all the ammenities. The indoor pool, hot tub and sauna are great and in the warm weather the outdoor pool is open. It is close to the Mashpee Commons, which is a nice shopping area with pleanty of places to dine. It is a great spot to go exploring the Cape too! We went to Martha's Vineyard for a day and it was a short drive to the ferry. They have many activities going on too such as movie night and sundae night, which is great if you have children. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The desk is open 24/7. I would recommend this resort for people of all ages.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sogurl
Reviewed March 11, 2008

Our stay there was great. I had'nt been to the Cape in years, in fact Mashpee. I use to go there all the time when I was younger. Well I am glad I stayed at the Sea Mist, Clean, quiet,comfoftable,peaceful etc. My girlfriend and I are getting ready to plan to go there again twice this year. Sea Mist do not change a thing> Glenn Williamson

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ebonyprince56
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I've stayed at various places at the Cape & loved the Sea Mist. We did a timeshare exchange. We had a 1 Bedroom townhouse which had plenty of room with 2 full bathrooms for 2 adults & 2 children. The children loved the pools & the outdoor pool started at 2 feet, which was great for younger kids. I love the Cape & staying here I found relaxing. We frequented Old Silver Beach which was great also--my favorite! Also did a whale watch--Awesome! went to P-town--always an adventure. I really enjoyed relaxing in the evening on the patio having a drink or a cup of coffee in the morning. The resort has grills, playground & a mini golf for the kids. Although, we didn't do any of their activities, they had many daily activities. Many timeshare places in the cape are converted hotel units & this resort was a timeshare exchange but was extremely roomy..I've already requested my exchange for next year as I just Love the Cape in the Summer. The employees were friendly & helpful, grocery store nearby..The unit was clean & fresh linens were available daily.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank MissJJ
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed at the Sea Mist and had a fabulous time. The room was a little out dated but roomy enough for the 6 of us (4 adults- 2 kids). The kids loved the indoor and outdoor pools as well as the mini golf right on the grounds. There also is a swingset. It is near a beach- South Cape Beach - and about 20 minutes to Hyannis. Every room has a great patio with woods outside for privacy. To top it off, I left a bracelet in the room when we left- I thought it was lost forever and they mailed it back to me! What a surprise when I opened the mail and there was my braclet! Great Job Sea Mist, I hope to trade my time share and go back again one day!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Allibelle
Reviewed March 4, 2006

The apartment was a little dated but more than adequate for our needs. Plenty of room for 4 people but probably a bit of a squeeze for more. Great jumping off point for exploring Cape Cod. Highlight of the trip, and definitely not to be missed, is the whale watching from Barnstaple Habour. Also, try the trip to Martha's Vineyard on the ferry, its a lovely day out especially if the weather is good. On our drive from Boston to Mashpee we stopped off at Plymouth and took in the replica of the Mayflower and the Plantation both of which were excellent, but we did have a lovely sunny day, might be a bit different in the rain.

• Stayed: October 2005
20  Thank JaneThePain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashpee
Bayside Resort Hotel
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
2 mi away
New Seabury Resort and Conference Center
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Sea Mist Resort? Share your experiences!