“WiFi now”
Review of Sea Mist Resort

Sea Mist Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashpee
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my third time at Sea Mist. What is new is they are now offering WiFi for a fee. It was about $22 for the week. Coverage was spotty at times. They allow up to two devices. I had a laptop and smart phone. I was in building 8 it was a townhouse style, dated but comfortable and clean. The bathrooms have been updated. I still feel the price is steep for summer months. You can pay $1600 for a week there. That is the biggest complaint I had.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank 2010homerun

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom/two bath unit for one week. Check in was good. The front desk was very nice and pleasant. It was OK but everything seemed older and worn out. The place was spacious as others have said however we seemed to find lots of bugs in the unit. The sofabed was older and difficult to close. You had to lift it and shake it hard to close as per the maintenance man. Dishwasher didn't work. Not enough hot water if taking a shower. No ice and no ice machine onsite. The exhaust fan in the bathrooms were so loud that we could hear the neighbors everytime they went. Not much to do in the area. Seemed that all attractions were at least 20-30 minutes drive. I've stayed at nicer places in Cape Cod and would definitely look elsewhare next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank AsianMom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

For an older resort it is very comfortable and spacious. Love the 1 bedroom with two bathrooms! So much easier. Close to all things on the cape and fairly central. Well stocked and clean.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mandi L
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at Sea Mist resort for 6 days. Check-in was good, the front desk person was very helpful. Our unit was in building 6, a 2-bedroom. The other reviews are correct - it was indeed very spacious. We didn't use the kitchen much, just the coffeemaker and the fridge (for our water bottles). What i don't like about the unit is that there are bugs in our room, a spider in the shower and a couple of crickets in the living room and bedroom. I couldn't sleep well because I'm paranoid that bugs would be crawling around. I didn't see ants. Also, another complaint would be the towels. Their bath towels and pool towels are sooo thin and short and rough. I think they could do so much better. They should retire those towels and get some new ones.

Anyway, regarding the location, I think being in Mashpee makes it very easy and convenient to take short trips within the Cape, and also to Boston. And the nearby shops and restaurants are great. We had 1 rainy day during our stay, and we watched a movie at the Regal in Mashpee Commons. And walked around the nearby stores.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank suplada
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this property for a seminar. The hotel is older but is conveniently located close to shopping & a few restaurants. The property could use an upgrading but it was so close to my seminar that it was worth it for me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mjr-too
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The rooms were immaculate and well stocked. Very roomy! Sitting outside on the private patio for morning coffee was relaxing and peaceful. Pool area was also very pleasant and clean. Many families seemed to enjoy returning year after year. The grounds were beautiful and very much larger than I had expected. Very easy to get to and from.
Daily trips to Falmouth and Woods Hole as well as Barnstable and Hyannis were a short trip. The Whale watch from Barnstable Harbor was well worth it. Plenty of places to eat in the Market Commons that is within 1/4 mile from the resort. A drive throught the New Seabury village is also very delightful. Beach at South Cape was nice and accomodating for handicap with a State-owned beach wheelchair available for use until 4:30pm.

Room Tip: If you are able, stay on a top floor since the pitter patter of little feet and big feet can be hear...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Deejala
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here again this year, about my 4th or 5th time, lost count. The grounds looked good, with fresh flowers. I heard the indoor pool will be redone this year. The decor is still outdated but has the comforts of home. I found the housekeeping this year to be poor, found garbage behind our dresser, ie soda bottles, plastic, junk, I did not pick it up & hope they didn't thnk it was from me. I also found a panty guard from a bathing suit stuck to the dresser--YUCK. Other than that the place was clean. The staff is still great. I had an issue with the TV the first day & maintenance was there immediately. I love the Cape & hope to be back again next year.

Room Tip: The Townhouses are extremely roomy if staying with more than 2 people. Usually requests are granted...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank MissJJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashpee
Blue Water on the Ocean
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Southcape Resort, a Festiva Destination

Been to Sea Mist Resort? Share your experiences!