“Business seminar”
Review of Sea Mist Resort

Sea Mist Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashpee
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this property for a seminar. The hotel is older but is conveniently located close to shopping & a few restaurants. The property could use an upgrading but it was so close to my seminar that it was worth it for me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mjr-too

Reviewed September 13, 2011

The rooms were immaculate and well stocked. Very roomy! Sitting outside on the private patio for morning coffee was relaxing and peaceful. Pool area was also very pleasant and clean. Many families seemed to enjoy returning year after year. The grounds were beautiful and very much larger than I had expected. Very easy to get to and from.
Daily trips to Falmouth and Woods Hole as well as Barnstable and Hyannis were a short trip. The Whale watch from Barnstable Harbor was well worth it. Plenty of places to eat in the Market Commons that is within 1/4 mile from the resort. A drive throught the New Seabury village is also very delightful. Beach at South Cape was nice and accomodating for handicap with a State-owned beach wheelchair available for use until 4:30pm.

Room Tip: If you are able, stay on a top floor since the pitter patter of little feet and big feet can be hear...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Deejala
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here again this year, about my 4th or 5th time, lost count. The grounds looked good, with fresh flowers. I heard the indoor pool will be redone this year. The decor is still outdated but has the comforts of home. I found the housekeeping this year to be poor, found garbage behind our dresser, ie soda bottles, plastic, junk, I did not pick it up & hope they didn't thnk it was from me. I also found a panty guard from a bathing suit stuck to the dresser--YUCK. Other than that the place was clean. The staff is still great. I had an issue with the TV the first day & maintenance was there immediately. I love the Cape & hope to be back again next year.

Room Tip: The Townhouses are extremely roomy if staying with more than 2 people. Usually requests are granted...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank MissJJ
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had no problems during our 3 night stay at Sea Mist. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and eager to offer their services. The resort itself is older and showing its age; but our unit was clean (with the exception of a few carpenter's ants and spiders), well stocked with necessities, and had relatively comfortable furnishings. They were clearly getting the exterior ready for summer: air conditioning units were being replaced, flowers had just been planted, sprinklers were on and lawns were being mowed.

This resort is very central to all of the attractions in the Cape Cod area; and would be best used as a jumping off point for day trips. Due to its age and a lack of amenities, it really isn't useful for anything more than that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank mijayati
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Spent a week here , it was a very good experience. As I had read the units are a bit dated, very 1980's decor, however , i found it to be very clean! Also had a few missing items like a can opener, the housekeeping staff responded quickly and kindly. We were in the townhouse style unit, very large! The pool is awesome as is the hot tub. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. There were a few family friendly events, one was a cook out that you paid 4 or so dollars for. I did not attend as I was swimming, but it looked fine. Also had my grandson ( 8 yrs old) with us for two of the nights, the resort featured a magician, very fun! And it was free. That was a fun night. There is free mini golf on the grounds. Grounds are well kept. Also basketball area and horseshoe pit. I will describe Sea Mist as family friendly. I had not stayed at a timeshare before, this was a gift from my boss. I only paid the exchange fee and taxes. I think it can be quite costly otherwise. I was very comfortable here and had a great week. If i paid full price I would have to evaluate the cost and decide if I $1200 a week like it. That price is a guess it could be more. If i paid more than that I might stay at a more updated resort, that said I have no complaints about Sea Mist and would stay again. Also very convenient is a food market and other shopping within walking distance! That was a bonus. Coffee shop as well. Internet is spotty, really have to go to the club house to use it. No real wifi.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank katevet
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Frozen pipes, ants, noisy neighbors, dirty unit, over-chlorinated pool, unresponsive management, down-in-the-heels resort. I would not recommend.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank pegleg66
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Kids had fun at this timeshare. Rooms, minigolf were a bit outdated but clean and definitely adequate. The inside pool was very large. The outside pool was smaller but there was a lifeguard and the pool was clean. The outside pool was crowded on weekends, people were parking and coming and going (I think that owners not actually staying in their units may have been using the pool), however, during the week, it was much less crowded. Great jumping off point, we went to Six Flags in Springfield, the Cape (whalewatching), National Seashore, Plimoth Plantation, Mayflower Replica and Plymouth Rock. The kitchen was a good size in the timeshare - the grounds were kept well. Definitely would recommend this resort, I would much rather stay here in Mashpee than some of the timeshares on Cape Cod as many are smaller with very little yard, louder, without much parking, and harder to get into. This had large, open spaces for grilling and walking around. It was also very convenient to grocery stores and my teenage boys were able to walk through a very short path to a local grocery store to get snacks, etc.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Winbea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashpee
Bayside Resort Hotel
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
2 mi away
New Seabury Resort and Conference Center
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Sea Mist Resort? Share your experiences!