“Superb Dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Cape Cod
“Superb Dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Comfortable room with attentive service and outstanding food. Interesting menu reflects "foodie" words for sauces and ingredients I had no idea what they were talking about. But I sure was delighted with all our choices when they were presented and we had a chance to taste everything. Absolutely will return again and will bring a dictionary. Maybe I'll learn something! Food for the body, food for the mind.

• Visited April 2013

Cotuit, Massachusetts
“Great food and service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stopped at Bistro 36 again for their fantastic burgers and again was so pleased with the food, the restaurant setting, the careing service. This is truly one of the better restaurants around.
Great job to all the staff and owners. A class act. Thanks and see you soon again.

• Visited February 2013
Massachusetts
“Add brunch to the list of things they do well ...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Bistro 36 has become a favorite of our family thanks to their comfortable decor, lively atmosphere, pleasant service, and of course wonderful food. Off season at Cape Cod, it can be hard to find a place that shows signs of life and where you are not the only people there at 8pm -- Bistro 36 is the place you can go. On an early February visit, both the restaurant and lounge were quite full and lively even at 9pm, which is sometimes hard to find even IN season in this quiet community. On that occasion, our food was as always excellent but in particular I have to call out the amazing mahi special they served that evening. It was so good that it was one of those meals that makes your mouth water just remembering it!

Yesterday we visited Bistro 36 for Sunday brunch, the first time we've ever done so, and we were not disappointed. The butternut squash bisque with creme fraiche was heavenly, and served HOT (I have a pet peeve about soups, especially thicker soups, being served lukewarm!). The normal basket of warm bread which you get for lunch or dinner was replaced instead by a basket of warm homemade blueberry muffins, banana nut bread, and cornbread. The blueberry muffins were small and just perfect! The quiche of the day (tomato, gruyere) was surprisingly light and fluffy, and came in a buttery phyllo crust, rather than the more traditional pie crust, and the accompanying Caesar was flavorful and also a step above the "norm", including sun-dried grape tomatoes and kalamata olives. My husband proclaimed his "shrimp and grits" to be excellent, and they even have a special kids' brunch menu, and my daughter loved her silver-dollar pancakes (although one can see where the restaurant makes their profit margin, as $7 for 6 little pancakes (maybe equivalent to 2 normal size pancakes) with maple syrup is rather steep. Certainly a side should be included rather than having to pay another $4 for bacon!). I actually found the meal prices to be quite reasonable for brunch, other than the children's meals. I don't find the food overly pricing compared to other restaurants in the vicinity and certainly not for the quality of the food and the dining experience.

Bistro 36 also has a "rewards club" which gives you gift certificates for certain amounts spent (I think after $300 you get $25), which if you live in the area and visit with any frequency is a nice perk. They have a newsletter and are always trying new things and new events -- a Brewer's Dinner, for example. This is a great addition to Mashpee!

• Visited April 2013
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“Chic dining in a strip mall setting”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading their outdoor menus, my parents and I decided to try this relatively new restaurant for lunch. We were greeted and seated by a friendly fellow, who also did double duty as our bartender and waiter. The decor is very European cafe-ish with an open seating plan. The lunch menu has a nice variety of salads, sandwiches, burgers, pizzas and entrees - all with an upscale, gourment twist. The applewood smoked bacon, fig preserve, carmelized onion and arugula wood-fired pizza was delicious and my mother loved her curried chicken salad pita. My father raved about his Bloody Mary, which came in a huge pint glass. Our waiter was great. Only complaint would be that the prices are a bit steep.

• Visited March 2013
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Lunch, Dinner, Snack...Wonderful Atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A reputation for their unique burgers, apps are yummy, pizza's are perfect thin crust delites and the entrees....well if you like Ahi done to true perfection you can either hop on over to California's best restaurants or stop by Bistro 36! A comfortable place to drop in, sit at the huge beautiful bar or in the dining room in front of the fireplace. I must say I'm a frequent flyer here as the staff is also a cut above the rest. Bring your friends or go alone.....you'll be back! See you there!!

• Visited February 2013