“A must see”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Tea Shoppe
Description: A Tea Shoppe, Baje A Tea Shoppe, Bakery and Gift Shoppe. Making cakes for weddings and all special occasions
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This place is great! The staff and owner are very friendly and the food and tea is awesome! They gave us tons of tourist ideas and were so pleasant. Don't miss this place, but watch out its not open late...

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The tea shoppe is under new ownership. I was a frequent cliet there and since I have been traveling a lot I had not gone there since the owner retired. Three of us went for a birthday luncheon on June 7th. I ordered a half sandwich as did another friend. We both felt like it was more like 1/3 sandwich with a very small portion of coleslaw. The sandwich was very tasty, but I think the portions have changed. Another friend had a salad, her salad looked like the normal size. Maybe there were running low on chicken salad that day and they were trying to make it stretch.
Now I will address why I was aghast. We had a bill of around 28.00 before taxes, it came to 30.00 and something with tax. We left 36.00 on the table in one 20.00 bill three 5.00 bill and one 1.00 bill. Apparently, someone could not count and a waitress came running out of the door after us asking if we didn't like the service, we were puzzled and said the service was fine. She then said "Why did you not leave a tip"? Well since I was in charge of the money, both of my friends looked at me, and I was really annoyed. I said "I counted that money twice and there was a 20% tip" and I started to walk back to the restaurant and go into the door when a man held up his hands and said "I had nothing to do with that" and I could see our waitress standing back saying something...apparently she recounted the money and realized that we had left a tip. FIrst of all a tip is a customery thing, I have never not left a tip, but I suppose if I had had a really bad meal and the service was awful, that would be my decision and right to do so. Why on earth would someone come after us like that. If I was the owner, I would have a long talk with my waitstaff. I do not think I will set my foot in the tea shoppe again after being embarrassed like that in front of my friends. I am giving the Tea Shoppe a low rating in service, not because of our waitress(who needs to learn to count) by because of the waitress that chased us

1  Thank graceoliver
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The tea shoppe never fails - and I were to define in two words: fresh, quality food and prep. Their soups are so tasty, and their sandwiches the same. Even my husband who is 6'4", is willing to settle himself down at the little cafe tables - he likes it as much as I do. The only thing I still haven't done is go for afternoon tea! Bravo to the tea shoppe, you are a little treasure in Mashpee Commons!

Reviewed October 5, 2011

This place has been around since Mashpee Commons was born. I am sure the owners have changed over the years, however, it is still good. Prices can add up for luncheon, but the offerings are varied, fresh, and tasty. Tea is served by the pot--small or large. Sandwiches and pastries are served daily, as well as the expected afternoon tea, with a variety of small sandwiches, scones, cakes and cookies. There is a gift shoppe, with tea related items and a tremendous bakery counter. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Whenever I'm in Mashpee Commons I try to stop in at the Tea Shoppe for a scone and some tea. The raspberry scones are delicious, especially when fresh out of the oven. They also serve breakfast and a light lunch with interesting sandwiches. The service is good and the atmosphere charming.

I have multiple times over the past several years and I have not been disappointed.