“Incredibly poor customer service”

Haddad's Ocean Cafe
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Marshfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Incredibly poor customer service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Incredibly poor customer service. Had my bridal luncheon here the day before my wedding, with all members of our party arriving separately. The 3 hostesses at the front door were clueless about the whereabouts of our table, leaving some of us to wander the restaurant on our own to find our group. The last member of the party arrived after multiple people had come to the hostesses looking for our table, but they still could not help her. She was unable to locate us, didn't have a phone on her (and wasn't offered one at the front desk) and ended up missing out on the whole luncheon. It was very important to me, as the bride, to have all of my bridesmaids there, particularly the last one who couldn't find us and left, because she is my sister-in-law.
I emailed management directly some time after this happened in the hopes of receiving an apology, but never heard back. I can't help but feel that we were mistreated because of our young appearance, I can't imagine my mother getting this same kind of treatment. These people don't care about their customers, especially those sitting on the lounge side of the restaurant.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bonnie O

Boston, Massachusetts
“No Longer A Hole In The Wall”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food has always been great but the new facility really upgrades the whole experience. Also has a bigger bar area and for summertime dining the rooftop deck is perfect. Spacious inside has a lot more seating than the former location.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Renovated...but some things never change!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Four of us dined at Haddad's for the first time since the renovation. Firstly, the atmosphere is fantastic. The rooftop deck with Saturday afternoon entertainment and island cocktails is a great addition. It was a little windy up there on this particular day, so we opted for the bar. We started with two appetizers - mussels and fried dill pickles. They were some of the best mussels we've ever had. All four of us agreed. The fried dill pickles were also very good. After a while, we decided on entrees, all of which were enjoyed. I highly recommend the large prime rib, center cut. It was melt in your mouth delicious. The large lobster roll was also a big hit. My friend requested it served in drawn butter instead of mayonnaise and absolutely devoured it! The side dishes were also very good, except that the green beans were canned. The carrots were fresh and cooked perfectly. We would like to thank Sasha and Sandy (we went through two waitress shifts!) for their excellent service and knowledge of the menu. The both have great personalities and made our first experience at the new Haddad's a very enjoyable day! I wish it were the beginning of the summer so we could sit on the deck every weekend. There's always next year!!!

Utica, New York
“Enjoyed the view on the deck. Good food.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Friend recommended the fish sandwich and it was tasty. Chowder and the green salad with scallops were both better than average. And a nice view on the deck. Loved the live music.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Local who nevers order seafood here”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good Italian for a seaside restaurant. My friend and I have been here quite a few times do to it's walking distance from my house, but our last waiter wished us a nice winter. We will drive for our future dinners.

• Visited August 2013