“Outstanding Quality Observed for Over 20 Years”

Haddad's Ocean Cafe
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Marshfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Outstanding Quality Observed for Over 20 Years”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Haddad's is an institution for high quality seafood. We always choose baked items and the haddock casserole is superb - lots of fresh haddock with delicious seafood sauce. The clam chowder is also excellent, and so are their lobster offerings. The new location is able to handle many hungry patrons and has good beer on tap. My family and I have been coming here for over 20 years and we are not locals. Service can be a bit lackluster, but this is not a reason to pass up great food that is reasonably priced.

Los Angeles, California
“Not for foodies”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good quality, plain New England seafood. Large noisy dining spaces, fair prices, no ambiance. Foodies should skip this place.

Hilton Head Island
“The place is new and very nice!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The picture was of the old Haddad's where we had been years ago. They have built a new one in back and it is bigger and better. We met friends in the area for dinner upon our annual visit to Marshfield and so we ended up being 7. They took reservations and we got a nice table by a window. Unfortunately it faced the parking area but still it was light and airy.

My wife and others had lobster and all raved about it. I had haddock and was also delighted. The server was great and she had been in the old place and so there was banter with the locals about the old and new. This made it feel friendly and welcoming despite the hustle and bustle of a touristy restaurant. The drinks, food and desserts were all good and we walked out feeling satisfied both physically and emotionally that despite the new digs, an old friendly place was still there.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Fairly Substandard Fried Seafood Factory”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

While vacationing in Humarock, we visited this restaurant as a family of six based upon the recommendation of a local friend. Have to say that we were really quite disappointed on several levels. While our server was friendly enough and competent, we were made to wait what I thought was an unreasonable 45 minutes for our main courses. If the food had been good, we would have easily overlooked that, but the food was really quite sub par. To the point, this restaurant is unfortunately no different from the many seafood restaurants one encounters in seaside tourist areas in that it specializes in deep frying basically every item on its menu. When you enter the restaurant, the dull stench of stale refried oil hangs in the air and the atmosphere is one of hustle and bustle. If all you're looking for is the typical deep-fried seafood platter, then this restaurant will probably suit you well. It has a large bar area and a no-nonsense dining area where they cram in patrons and keep the fried offerings coming fast and furious. However, the food we ordered was devoid of taste and seasoning, for the most part, and was heavily laden with fry oil. Clams Casino were overcooked and stale, the lobster casserole was overcooked and heavy, the cold lobster roll was also devoid of seasoning and yes, the "fried lobster" (we thought this might taste good is beyond us) was just as bad as one might think it would be. We asked if it was a popular item on the menu, and after hearing it was, we ordered it. Bad mistake. In general, this is a restaurant that I definitely would not visit again. Pretty bad way to spend $200 on a seafood dinner, in our view. People will still go there because it's what tourists do. I like to visit restaurants that really try when I go on vacation. I don't know if Haddad's was once a good restaurant, but I didn't get the sense that they were trying to be anything really great; they seemed content to be a tourist trap purveyor of tasteless grub. Wish I had known; would've cooked a much better meal at our beach house.

2 Thank GMC M
Boston, Massachusetts
“Love the new space ~ fresh and tasty seafood”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We always go to Brant Rock for a late lunch after a day on the beach and was so excited to see Haddad's new restaurant off the Promenade. I liked the old place, but it was always crowded and noisy, kinda dark and very dated and they only accepted cash! But this time, we ate in their bright and spacious new dining room. The service was fast and friendly and the seafood was still incredibly fresh (clam chowder, crab cake sammy, haddock and the fried clams were all tasty). And they serve crinkle cut fries!!! The only thing I thought was kind of funky tasting was their iced tea. Oh well, I guess I'll have to order one of their cool cocktails from the nice looking bar instead next time.

Visited July 2013