“Disappointed”
Review of Hola

Hola
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Marshfield
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently went to Hola for valentines dinner and the four of us in our party were all beyond let down. I have been to many restaurants as well as tapas in which the concept is genius. However this tapas was unsuccessful. Out of the 8 small plates we ordered only 2 were memorable and worth talking about.The calamari was extremely tender and the dipping sauces complimented the dish well. We also ordered the fried green beans which were surprisingly addicting and a great starter. Then from there it went downhill with the remaining plates. We ordered the following, the stuffed swordfish, the avocado with queso fresco, Potato torta w/romesco sauce,
Saffron rice croquette w/romesco sauce & manchego, Chicken empanadas w/corn & black beans, Coffee & Chipotle rubbed steak w/ fried potato wedges and the meatballs. I will elaborate on a few, the saffron rice dish was served warm with the cold romesco sauce which had a grainy texture reddish orange in color and tasted disgusting. This was upsetting as it ruined two of our dishes. The rice balls were dry as well. The chicken empanadas honestly looked frozen and tasted even worse than they looked. The steak was burnt on the outside and was a bit chewy, I didn't taste the chipotle rub whatsoever. The manchego and saffron sauce that coated the meatballs was horrendous, I am a huge fan of manchego however this sauce fell short. We ordered two desserts hoping for something sweet to offset the bad tastes left in our mouths. We got the churros which were just okay and what was on special the strawberry w sweet cream flatbread which was better than the churros. Overall for a successful environment with creative Spanish style dishes everything was extremely unsuccessful. I honestly haven't tasted such poor quality food in a long time and like I said I attend many restaurants appeasing to all palates. However if you do happen to go I suggest calamari the green beans and possibly a flatbread. GO TO LOCO In Easton instead the most delicious food I've had in a while.

1  Thank GourmetGirl M

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We absolutely love Hola. It's our favorite date spot and a great small group dinner place. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, romantic and charming. However, one small thing is that often the music is off or its really bad. For a tapas place I would expect, and welcome, some great Spanish tunes. But let's definately mention the food. The plates coming out of their kitchen are creative, perfectly cooked with high end ingredients and really surprising flavors. There are some fun and delicious cocktails, a great wine list and a fun staff. If you are there during the summer the outside patio is really charming as well with a really cute fireplace. LOVE!

2  Thank AmyLaney
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Love Hola! Food, drinks are great! Flatbreads are amazing!
Sangria is too! Love the outdoor fireplace area!

1  Thank famof5mom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My family and I have been to Hola a few times and have really enjoyed it. It's a great and relaxing place to sit outdoors under an umbrella. The food is very good - we've had unusual and tasty combinations of tapas and flatbreads. The drinks are just so-so. Sangria without fruit is not sangria. I would recommend this as a fun place to eat good food and enjoy a nice night outside on the patio.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This fun little place in a Marshfield strip mall is just terrific. Went with a group of friends before heading on to a movie. There were 5 of us and we each ordered something different and tried a little of everything from an asparagus and mushroom flat bread, to the daily red and yellow beet special, to a fresh fruit flatbread for dessert. It was just the right amount of food to wash down the sangria or wine. On a nice night sit on the patio and enjoy!