“Great Pool and staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Great Pool and staff”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn one night to get out of our house with the kids. They have the best pool with great hours for the marlborough area. We had chinese food delivered from the Panda house and enjoyed a delightful evening. The kids spent most of the time swimming. We enjoyed the whirlpool. The front desk was very helpful. It seems to be a place people stay that are going to the DCU center so you should ask if there are any teams staying there over the weekend if you are looking for quiet. It was quiet when we were there but it was a weeknight. Breakfast staff was nice.

Room Tip: Ask about any teams spending the night or weekend.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
MarlboroughHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, May 30, 2011

Hampton Inn Marlborough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 22, 2011

First let me start off saying the hotel was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. Perfect location for where I needed to be during my stay, plenty of restaurants close by, right near the highway. The man who checked me in was extremely polite and efficient, and the room was perfect. I was in town for a job interview, and was looking forward to the quiet the hotel had to offer. Unfortunately, that quietness was shattered my last two nights I was there. A girls school age soccer team was taking up our whole floor (no fault of the hotel). At breakfast there were so many of them you could not get near the food (again, no fault of the hotel), but there was a security guard standing by the food so you could not leave the dining area with it. I was extremely annoyed that because it was so crowded and you could not take food with you, I had no breakfast every morning. I was also kept up half of the night listening to screaming teenage girls running up and down the hallway (...where was that security guard then??). The last morning of my stay I was woken up at the crack of down by the housekeeps YELLING at the top of their lungs to eachother carrying out full on conversations and SLAMMING doors for hours. I spoke to the woman at the desk who seemed completely aware that their ridiculously loud housekeepers seem to be a pretty consistant problem. She brushed me off and told me to have a nice day. So much for the "If you're not satisfied with your stay, you won't pay for the night"... I was not looking for a free vacation, just treated a little better when saying I was not too pleased with members of THEIR OWN staff. I will be returning to the area to house hunt, and as much as I liked the cleanliness and look of the hotel, I think I will want to find somewhere I can get more than a few hours of sleep a night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
MarlboroughHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, March 25, 2011

Canberra Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Good, predictable hotel with good facilities. Freebies included free in room wifi, free hot breakfast, comfortable beds. Only down was the noisy AC but I guess that is because it was 25F outside, very cold outside but OK in. Rip off local taxi company wants $25 for a one mile trip, it's not sunshine at all!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
MarlboroughHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
I want to thank you for taking time from your schedule to write a review for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Marlborough MA. Whether positive or negative, comments from our guests they are very valuable to me and the staff of the hotel as they help us to improve on our service and operations. I take great pride in the way in which our hotel operates the happiness of our guests, and the good spirits of those who provide Outstanding Service – our employees. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again at the Hampton Inn Marlborough, MA.

Central Maine
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We booked a one-night stay at this property on short notice after a major snowstorm further north necessitated changes in our travel timetable.
This property is very convenient to I-495.....off the exit, go about a half-mile to the third traffic light, and the hotel is on your right....couldn't get much simpler.
The front desk area can get a little crowded if several folks are trying to conduct business at the same time, but overall the lobby area is attractive and accessible. Elevators are large enough for a luggage cart and several people at the same time; not always the case other places we've stayed.
Check-in was exceptionally easy, quick and professional....as was check-out the next morning.
Our king-study room had one of the Hampton chain's newer designs, with the work area built into an alcove along the exterior wall beside the window. The closet/armoire was also along that wall, making the rest of the room feel larger. The desk/work surface was on casters, so it could have been wheeled over in front of the room's sleep sofa for eating, playing family games, or just spreading out paperwork.....and two hassocks provided added seating if you chose to do that.
The room included a microwave oven and mini-fridge -- nice touches at many Hampton's these days.
And while we had no need for them, our room ammenities included a complimentary set of earplugs....nice touch for those who have trouble falling asleep.
The offerings at the complimentary Hampton breakfast were typical of those found at most Hamptons -- a hot-breakfast-entree of the day, make-your-own-waffles, toast/bagels, muffins/pastries, hot and cold cereals, juice, tea/coffee/milk, fruit, etc. The breakfast seating area was large and pleasant. But what we found really pleasing was the fact that even though we arrived within a half hour of the end of the designated brealfast hours, the breakfast hostess was still putting out additional pastries, filling milk caraffes, restocking bagels, and generally making sure there was plenty of everything still available. Nice job!
There appeared to be several restaurant choices in the immediate area -- we opted for a national chain just because we wanted the predictability after a long day on the road.
This was our first stay at this property.....but definitely will not be our last!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
MarlboroughHI, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, January 25, 2011

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed in this hotel while visiting family in Northborough over Christmas. Breakfast was plentiful and had a great variety. The staff was very helpful and always worked to make our stay more convenient. The room was very clean and very suitable for a leisure traveler. We would definitely stay there again. If you're looking for a five-star hotel, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a convenient Hampton Inn, this is a great fit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
MarlboroughHI, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, January 4, 2011

Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Hotel is nice. Rooms are clean and well setup. The included breakfast and wifi are great.

A sort of long story follows - I feel the amount of information is important in order for me to quantify my overall low rating of this motel.

I made my reservations months prior to my visit. On arrival, there is a sign stating they will be testing the fire alarms for several hours the next day. New info to me. The next day, the fire alarms are tested every minute or two from around 9am till around 2:30pm. They are extremely loud in the room and common areas. I'm unable to answer my business phone calls and going somewhere else for the day is not practical without a car. If I were alerted to this prior to arrival, I could have planned accordingly, but I was not. (They have my contact info).

A fairly thorough complaint about my loss of business at the front desk rewarded me with an "we're sorry". Pretty insufficient and unsatisfying. A few minutes later I cornered the maintenance manager with a verbal tirade. Less than 15 minutes later an assistant manager came to find me in the exercise room and offer to compensate me for the cost of one night of my five night stay. This is more than sufficient and satisfies me.

My reduced rating is because the front desk did nothing. Did not even offer to get a manager. Only after the maintenance manager listened to my out-of-character, juvenile cussing tirade and relayed my concerns to the assistant manager did I feel "heard" and valued as a customer.

Kudos to the assistant manager for putting forth the effort to talk with me and resolve the issue. That will prompt me to use the Hampton Inn again during my next visit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Liiizard
Connecticut, USA
Reviewed August 11, 2010

It is a good hotel with very attentive front desk staff in the evening, which is happy to describe you the services, nearby restaurants, etc. Rooms are of an interesting design with a working desk as part of a wall cabinet; it looks nice, while a bit constricted on space. My room had a refrigerator and a microwave. The bed and duvet are very comfortable. The view from a window depends on where you are; if it is on 1st floor facing the front, there is no privacy if the curtain is opened (no bushes in the front). The pool is very nice: it is in door and looks like part of a garden, good size to swim, while listening to music; fitness center is of modest size with good equipment. As for the breakfast, it is typical Hampton breakfast: omelet, bacon, some fruits (no berries), generic yogurt, some juices, and good pastries - I prefer something fancier/healthier and I understand that is not Four Seasons. Internet access is free and of good speed. The location is good- right off the highway and close to my business. I certainly recommend this one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
#5 of 10 in Marlborough
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough

Been to Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough? Share your experiences!