“Nice hotel, excellent value”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
New Jersey
“Nice hotel, excellent value”
Reviewed November 26, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for Thanksgiving holiday, 2010. I was looking for nice, clean, comfortable accomdations. Even though this was not intended to be an exotic getaway, i still desire to stay in a nice hotel whenever I am away from home.

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It looked brand new from the moment we walked in. I learned, soon after arriving, that this hotel was built in 1970 and was recently renovated. And they did a great job. No clue that the place is 40 years old. It looks brand new. Staff was very friendly (for the little interaction we needed). The location was great for our needs. And the rate for the room was extremely reasonable (I have stayed in terrible places which were much more expensive than this place).

I you need a nice, comfortable place to stay in the Boston Metro West area, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed here on business the last week of October 2010. It appears thie property has undergone some renovations. Reminds me of Joan Rivers, old and there has been a lot of work done on it and it still looks old. Rooms were clean, internet worked good, heat and a/c a little bit of a challenge since it is one of those wall jobs without a thermostat.

One thing that bothered me the most was the rear elevator. When I first entered it, I pressed my floor and no light lit up. I pressed it several times and it never lit up. Then I pressed other floors and I got the same response. From other reviews this has been the case since 2007.

The shower was okay, but the pressure was not very high.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tewksbury
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We had a very gracious and patient Wedding Coordinator.help us with preparing a Wedding for 250 people..
The hall was beautiful. Also the M.C. was very nice kept the people on the dance floor. with mixed fast and slow dances. Plus the music was kept at a nice noise level.
The Hostess and planner took over the final days of preparation with ease.
Two minor things that could be handled for future Weddings:
!. When the couple cut the cake. The cake should have been on a table that rolled out to the center of the dance floor. Instead it was cut in the corner of the room. Many people could not see what was going on.
2.. There was a very scarce supply of appetizers for the guests. While we were having pictures taken. .Some guests received no appetizers at all.

• Stayed October 2010
New England
Reviewed August 20, 2010

This is a comfortable, convenient and well-priced hotel. The rooms are clean, large and although there are some dated elements (non-flat screen TVs, plastic cups, etc.), the hotel is being renovated and will only improve. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. And the staff goes out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The only negatives were that they have overly stuffed, hard pillows, and all six in the room were the same. and no internet connection was available outside of the business center.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2010

just did 2 nights at the Holiday Inn. They are renovating. My room was renovated, but still had the old Tube TV. New flat screens haven't shown up yet I guess.
Room: clean, spacious. Old style TV. Towels are the thin variety.
Breakfast - both days they were out of eggs. They were always 'coming'. Somewhat limited - but included free breakfast.
Lobby - fine. No internet stations in the lobby to use.
Wireless - free, worked fine. A bit slow at night time - faster in the AM.
Other comments - highway does edge the highway - and therefore you WILL hear road noise. I asked for a quiet room - not quiet enough for me. If you are a light sleeper - please ask for a quiet room NOT on the highway side.
I have stayed in the Holiday Inn express Hudson before - it was sold out - which pushed me to this place. Given the choice - and the money - I would probably go back to the HI-Hudson - although this place was fine.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
texas
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Visited Marlborough with a friend who had businessthere. We stayed 3 nights and although the hotel is outdated and a little shabby, it was clean and met our needs. My friend had a training and seminar at this hotel so we stayed here. All the staff we had dealings with were friendly and helpful. Nice indoor pool, internet access and an adequate workout room. The complimentary breakfast included bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes,french toast, hot and cold cereals,fresh fruit and assorted pastryand very good coffee. The waitresses were friendly especially appreciated Patty-she was very friendly and such a hard worker. Fresh fruit and cookies were available at the front desk 2 of the days we were there and there was a free shuttle to nearby restaurants or shops. At the hotels suggestion we ate at Allora just afew blocks from the hotel. It was a very nice restaurant and we ate the best calamari I have had. It was fresh, tender and crispy not a rubbery morsel to be found. i had the ricotta stuffed eggplant and it was excellent. Back at the hotel another Patty in guest services helped me with suggestions for Boston. All in all it was a comfortable stay.

• Liked — clean hotel, friendly staff
  • Disliked — a little noisy but didn't affect my rest
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank trvl4fun2
Austin, TX
Reviewed December 6, 2007

I stayed here on business the last week of November 2007. I agree with a previous poster that says the hotel smells of faint cigarette smoke.

However, the thing that bothered me the most was the rear elevator. When I first entered it, I pressed my floor and no light lit up. I pressed it several times and it never lit up. Then I pressed other floors and I got the same response. Finally, the door closed on me, but I wasn't sure if a floor had been pressed or not. It had, it turns out the lights in the elevator buttons were out. This has got to be a safety violation I would imagine, as I thought I had been trapped in the elevator, as it takes a long time to changes floors.

My room was decent, the internet connection worked well, and the shower was okay, but the pressure was not very high, but bearable.

I had trouble controlling the heat in the room. MA gets cold in late November, and I'm from Texas, so I need a nice cozy room. However, I had trouble regulating the temperature from keeping it either blazing hot or freezing. This is common at hotels without a thermostat, however, and I was able to get the perfect temperature by the last night, when I slept very well.

The breakfast buffet was terrible. The scrambled eggs were crusty and the sausage and bacon were overcooked. In fact, the sausage was so overcooked its skin was wrinkly.

The fruit was not ripe and the bread was stale. The OJ and coffee were good, though, as were the pastries. The waitresses left much to be desired.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you have no other choice or are forced to stay there by your company. There's a nearby Courtyard across 495 that is far better from what I heard and the rates are comparable.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — broken elevator light
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank crazyAustin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
#5 of 10 in Marlborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough? Share your experiences!