“What...are you serious... no closet?”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Centreville, Virginia
“What...are you serious... no closet?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I can't ever recall staying in a hotel without a closet. But unbelievably this place had absolutely nowhere to hang any clothes. No dresser either. The closet space had a rack of cubby holes stuffed inside which was unusable. Room also lacked any place to open up my suit case other than the floor. Otherwise, the room was generally clean and I slept OK. I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear NoVA_Traveler66,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am truly sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
IHGCarec

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Portland , Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The best of the best people to take care of you after a long day of traveling . Weather it's business or pleasure , from the front desk at check in , to dinner in the restaurant , to breakfast in the morning , there is just no other place better than this hotel to stay , that makes it feels like home.

Room Tip: Chose no other place , this is the one to stay at.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Portland_MaineHowie
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel seems nice enough at first sight but you will quickly notice several things that make it an uncomfortable stay. You will wish you stayed at Embassy Suites down the road instead!

For example:
- heaters in rooms are LOUD. We chose to be cold rather than kept awake by the obnoxious sound
- water pressure was awful. Like being sprinkled by a watering can.
- food at the hotel restaurant was disgusting. I felt sick for half the day after eating the scrambled eggs. Everything was cold and the selection was sad. The only thing worse than the quality of the food was the service. Our waitress was completely out to lunch and I had to ask for silverware, bowls, condiments, etc that should have already been at the table. Then I had to chase her down to pay our bill. Other hotels typically offer continental breakfasts but I actually had to PAY for this awful experience! $22 in fact, which doesn't seem like much - until you think about what you just spent it on - garbage food and even worse service.

We were here for a hockey tournament and visited friends at Embassy Suites down the road... They have an amazing selection of food at their cafeteria-style restaurant and it's FREE. The hotel is much more kid-friendly too and while it may not be as up-to-date as Holiday Inn, it would be a much more comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Sherri L,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I regret to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I was happy to see the high score given for Cleanliness. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Marlboro.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Marlborough hotels

Smyrna, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. It might have been more because of the picturesque location than the hotel but I still enjoyed it. The property is fine. It seemed a little pricy but that may be just the going rate for the area. I was not impressed with the buffet breakfast at all. It was about like a medium quality free hot breakfast anywhere else but here you paid about $10 for it. If you wanted hot bread you had to put the bagels in the toaster and wait.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

A co-worker and I stayed here for 1 night. Prior to arrival I called and asked if I could send a box of product to the hotel to see if they would hold it for me. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and directed me how to mark the package. Upon arrival we were greeted very friendly by the same person I spoke to on the phone and the package was in a room right next to the desk waiting for me. As a platinum member, she asked me if I wanted a free upgrade to a suite. Wow, what a nice room. It had a Kuerig coffee maker, micro oven, cups, utensils, plates, 2 separate rooms (1 bedroom with a real comfortable bed and a nice open room with a couch, TV and chair. We had breakfast the next morning which had a nice spread and the food was good. The only negative was the workout room felt like 110 degrees. I could only stay in there for about 12 minutes as it was so hot that I could not workout comfortably. In choosing a hotel the workout room would not sway me as this hotel was top notch and I would stay here in a heartbeat again!!!!

Room Tip: I was in room 427!! My co-worker was in a regular 2 queen bed room 403 which was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GM265, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Platinum Guest!

Thank you so much for the great comments regarding your last stay. We truly appreciate every time you make the decision to stay with us over the many options in the area and we share your comments with our staff to make sure they know that you noticed the little things. I will make sure we adjust the temperature in the fitness room so next time your workout in that area last longer than 12 minutes! We look forward to your next visit and hope to meet you personally at our receptions every Wednesday!

Travel Safe,
Ms. Jahayra Santiago
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and it was a great experience. Hotel was extremely clean and every employee was efficient from check-in to check-out. I had a great interaction with Coley Wall in the Food and Beverage Department. You have a great staff and it was an awesome stay! I am new to traveling for business and I will be back in the future!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tim P,

Thank you! It is always wonderful to read guest reviews that mention our employees and managers by name; Coley has been a major asset to our hotel for many years and I know he appreciates your comments! We pride ourselves with offering great service to everyone and we are happy you enjoyed your stay!

Safe Travels!

Ms. Jahayra Santiago
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here with a group of people. Some of the problems were that the heater in the room was very loud and made it impossible to sleep, the woman at the front desk was not people friendly, the potato skins were overcooked and terrible, and the pool was freezing as was most of the downstairs. The good points were that the room was clean, the rest of the food was good and the rest of the staff were nice. One important point I was told was that if I booked from an alt. site, or prepaid the kids would not eat free. A huge reason why we stayed here. I would not return to this hotel, plenty of other options in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear tennisplyr1,

Krysllin G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlborough
Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
#5 of 10 in Marlborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
BEST WESTERN Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough? Share your experiences!