“A comfortable place to rest your head.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Marlborough
Reviewed September 30, 2013

A bit difficult to find in the dark, but the room was clean,.comfortable & certainly centrally located in Marlborough, MA with access to major highways. The breakfast was plain & simple - but it was free, Did not try the internet though this is probably the first place ever that offered up the access code at check-in without our having to ask. Location was quiet & mattresses seemed new - impressive. if you're looking to watch TV though, reception - supposedly cable - is not the greatest. And yes, we mentioned this to the staff at checkout.

Room Tip: We noted several 'accessible' rooms as we made our way down the hallway on the first floor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Yatin P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was our second trip to Marlborough in the last month for sports events. Our first one was to the Hampton Inn in Marlborough, which was fantastic. We booked the Comfort Inn accidentally - we thought this was where teammates were staying. Once we figured out the mistake, I tried to change the reservation through Priceline. Priceline was reasonably helpful, but said that the decision to waive the 24 hour cancellation was up to the local hotel (I had booked the room 2 hours prior to this conversation, so cancelling the previous day was not an option that I could figure out). Anyway, back and forth, back and forth... local management is telling me that Choice Hotels won't let them cancel it, and that I should call them directly. Choice has no idea why I got forwarded to them, and depending on the staff person says it's up to Priceline or the local management. One Choice "customer service" person hung up on me when I asked to speak to her supervisor.

Anyway, we've paid for the room, so we decided to stay. We got inside for a brief stop before going out to another game. I used the bathroom, and happened to notice that there was a big black smudge on one of the facecloths, and that one of the 4 towels looked like it had been used to wash a car. I looked around a bit, and found stains on two of the pillows. I returned all to the front desk. The manager's reaction was, "What? You want another room, or what? What do you want?" I told him I either wanted another room or clean linens in mine. He sent his assistant up with linens about 10 minutes later, and we left for the hockey rink.

We got back late at night, and I looked around the room some more. Stains on the top of the bedspread. Stains on the bed skirt and the floor underneath it. Trash under the bed. Smudges and grime on the light switches. Stains on the chair. A stain that looked like someone had urinated on the wall opposite the toilet. I had already tried several times to get a refund on the room, and it was late at night, so we threw the bedspreads on the floor and went uneasily to sleep. In the morning, after cleaning my own table for breakfast, we ate and left as soon as possible. Awful place with awful management.

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room at this property is to turn you car around in the parking lot and go...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Yatin P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience at our facility. We are now a QUALITY INN and have a new management team in place to deliever outstanding customer service.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is not well maintained, but the rooms are clean and the bed sleeps well. I found my decafe coffee full of grounds. When I told two different people,nothing was done about it. I had regular coffee instead. The hotel is close to the freeway, a mall and our son and his wife. But hotels are pricey in this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carl_retired
Reviewed December 12, 2012

loved it great place to stay great breakfast. the manager Sonny was very helpful in making my stay great. I would stay here if i was back in the area. the room was clean. very close to the exit to get off of 290.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank doctorwhofan2012
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Keep driving, I would sleep in my car instead of staying here! Wish I had read the reviews first but was traveling when I made the reservation. Called hotel directly three separate times and had no answer, should have taken that hint! Cancelled my reservation at my favorite Hampton inn 20 min away in Westford Ma to stay here on points, made through main reservations. Checked in at 7:30 pm with a very uninterested unfriendly desk clerk who didn't even say hello. Hallway is dingy. Room was horrible...dirty stained carpet, old cheap looking furniture, burn holes in comforter, hair on sheets. Bathroom was a whole separate horror. Very dirty floors, mold in shower, water wouldn't drain out of tub while showering and then after 5 minutes in shower water went cool. Worst part was the alarm that went off for over an hour on and off at 1 am, couldn't tell it was a fire alarm until I saw the fire truck out the window. Called front desk and surprise...no one answered....tried again a few minutes later and was told all was ok it was pressure drop in sprinkler system. Checked out as fast as I could in morning, clerk didn't say a word during checkout, not even an apology for alarm. Breakfast looked atrocious. Plus I'm now freaked out about reading about the bed bugs! I WANT MY POINTS BACK!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn K
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hotel desk clerk, Sonny, was the rudest most outrageous person we have EVER encountered. Was absent during the breakfast /check out rush for at least 30 minutes we were in the lobby. Maid went to find him. Finally showed up.. my husband went to him at the desk and said that the breakfast was cold, old and the milk was sour. Sonny said...what do you want me to do about it ! Then told us to go to the gas station down the street if we wanted fresh milk. Continued to argue with us during the check out and followed us into the parking lot. It was scary !!! It was the most horrible experience we have EVER had in 45 years of traveling around the world. Sonny said we were too sick and old to travel and that he hoped we never stayed in another hotel !!! We are neither sick NOR old. It was like being in a horror movie we couldn't get out of. We called the customer service number and guess what ??!!! They aren't open on the weekends ! There were 4 couples waiting to have some food and check out before we left. The parking lot was full of cars so I'm thinking there were MANY unhappy customers !!! Our stay was the evening of July 13th...checking out the morning of the 14th 2012 We have been loyal Choice hotel customers for many years. The clerk was the same one that checked us into the hotel the afternoon before so I'm sure he was very tired. But do NOT take it out on the customers ! That is absolutely no way to run a hotel. BOOOO TWO thumbs down and MINUS 10 stars !! Tina D.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tina D
Yatin P, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for thanking the type to put in your review. I sincerely apologize for the poor service you received during your last visit at the Comfort Inn Marlborough. Since your review I have made some changes to the management, housekeeping and front desk staff. No guest should go through what you've been through esspecially at one of my hotels. I want you to know that the feedback we receive from our guests are taking seriously and hope that you decide to try us again in the future .

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Room was clean, front desk helpful. It is just an Ok Comfort Inn.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family