“Under New Management”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Northborough, Massachusetts
“Under New Management”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This Hotel was great for the price and even better location. right next to the expressways, but quiet enough you didn't hear the traffic at night. Their staff was pretty helpful especially Sonny. Young Lad, helped out when he saw my car battery had died over night and jumped my car with his. saved me a AAA visit. That's cool. u'd be suprised, but not many people would do that. Breakfast was average, wafles, packaged danishes, SALTY eggs. veryyyyy salty eggs. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Microwave and fridge, flat screen TV and Desk, can't ask for more then that. Bathrooms water pressure was great also. Over all, a good hotel and more then a fine place to stay if your passing thru. Got 2 thumbs up from me!

Room Tip: Probably are going to want to go out and get breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The comfort inn / marlborough is in great shape, rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable, good breakfast, staff that goes out of its way to be accommodating and friendly, conveniently located, great price. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dp826-11
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed January 17, 2012

On our way to Shrewsbury,MA we had to make an unplanned stop and on seeing the Comfort Inn we checked in.We were a party of four with two children.On entering the room we noticed the stains on the wall and rugs.Since it was 12.00 am we were really tired.We turned on the heat and boy it was blowing out cold air.We asked the reception and was told that we had to make 10-15 mins for the heat to kick up.After 30 mins the room was still cold and the manager came in and checked the heat and told us that we could change to the next room if we wanted.My husband went in and checked the other room but the heat there wasn't working as well so we decided to stay in the first room. The sheets were dirty and had stains.The comforter was bare thin with burnt marks on them .I didn't want to figure out where the stains came from .The shower was equally dirty and I was glad to get out the next morning.The breakfast was horrible as well.In short STAY AWAY from this property.It was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in...

Room Tip: Please stay away from this hotel...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank momoftwofromNJ

Travelers are raving about these Marlborough hotels

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We frequently stay at Comfort Inns and have always had pleasant stays. This one was a major disappointment. Both the night and morning managers were unwelcoming to the point of being rude. We arrived around 8pm and waited a full minute before the night guy looked up from the tv to assist us. He was sloppily dressed and bored with the registration process. The hallway was dingy and the rugs are quite old. Our room was tired but clean. The heat hadn't been on so it took a good 20 minutes before we could take our coast off. The sheets were close to being threadbare but the bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was very cold and it took a while for the heat lamp to warm it up. We were the only ones at breakfast the next morning and while we were eating we could here the day manager laughing loudly at the tv program he was watching. He too was bored with the check-out process and barely said a word to us. Shame on Comfort Inns for allowing this place to spoil their good name. We'll still stay at Comfort Inns but definately not this one.

Room Tip: To get a good room avoid going to this inn!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cyndi D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This hotel was so-so. The staff were available, but not chatty. We had four sets of towels in our room for two people, which was nice (Some hotels really hold onto their towels like gold). But the towels weren't anything great - just basic. Rooms were a bit dated, but not bad. In-room heater was very good. Bed was extremely comfy, but the bottom sheet had a big cigarette burn/hole in it. We were there for three nights and our room cards stopped working three times. They had to redo our keys every day. It was very annoying. But our friends next door had working keys all weekend. Go figure. This hotel has a really good location. Other than that, for around the same price, I might look for something a little nicer next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank muchrejoicing
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 2, 2011

In our recent October nor'easter, we lost power for several days and with the temperature significantly dipping, we went in search of a warm place to stay. Most of the hotels in the area were fully booked but the Comfort Inn had a room so we grabbed it. When we arrived staff were all in overcoats and the lobby was very cold. Asked if they had heat and were told that it had just come back on. So, when we booked earlier, there was no heat. Thought this odd but were shown to a neatly appointed room through a rather dingy looking hallway. Carpets are indeed showing wear and infrequent cleaning. Bathroom and furnishing also showed signs of age. Towels were very thin and grayish in color.
When we left the following day at the last minute hoping for another day, I left my iPod behind. Noted it that evening and remembered listening to it the previous night to fall asleep and leaving it on the bed. Called the next morning when phone service was restored and was told he would check with the cleaning staff. I told him that I knew it was there. I called again several times and my calls went unanswered. I finally used a different cell phone and the call was answered. Was told that the cleaning staff was gone to lunch and he would check when they returned and call me after 3. Reminded him that I had called in the morning and that was supposed to happen and that I knew it was there. No return call. I will make one more call and then take my story to Choice hotels. Had I read the reviews first I could have avoided this very unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: No basis to make a recommendation. Only saw the one room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank babJvb
Northampton
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The hotel was ok; Very surprised no elevators this day and age. The bathroom has a drop ceiling in the shower, which makes it uncomfortable for taller persons showering. The ceiling tiles needed to be set in place. The shower curtain dripped dirty water when the shower was running.
What really bothers me most is, after check out on Sunday, October 09, we started our drive back to PA. Halfway home I realized I forgot my tan/yellow jacket in the closet of Room 204. I called the hotel and advised my dilemma. I was told to call back in one hour, so they could check if my jacket was found. When I called the hotel back, I was informed no jacket was left in that room I asked the person I was speaking with to ckeck with whoever cleaned our room. He said he did check with that person, and he insisted there was no jacket in the room.
I am positive I left it in the closet. I offered to arrange the pick up and delivery of my jacket. Dishonesty is something I do not agree and I will not patronize this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, or heavy luggage/items, you may want to select the first floor. There...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family