$118
$108
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$107
Hyatt.com
$119
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$129
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$108
$101
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Courtyard Boston Marlborough(Marlborough)(Great Value!)
$127
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$139
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$123
$134
All reviewsevening receptionmade to order breakfastomelethockey tournamentpancakesfire pitliving roomgreat breakfastgreat experienceconference roomcomplimentary breakfastknee hockeyhot tubconvenient locationgrocery storebusiness tripatrium
Reviewed April 11, 2008

I stayed two nights at this hotel in late February, 2008. Everything was great.

Check-in: Smooth, quick, efficient.

Suites: Beautiful and spacious. Very clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Service: Everyone was polite and helpful. I was giving a workshop and needed a flip chart stand and pad delivered to my room No problem! It was there is a few minutes and they brought extra markers, tape, and scissors too!! This was very helpful getting ready for my seminar the next day.

Restaurant: Surprisingly good. I had a steak one night and it was excellent. My server said they hand carve all their steaks. This steak was as good as most of the steak restaurants I have experienced.

Location: In a suburban area so there's not much around. You would need a car to get around.

Breakfast: Great! Delicious made-to-order omelets, fresh fruit, bacon, etc. It was really delicious.

All-in-all my experience was excellent. I don't know how the hotel could improve. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Mid_West_Traveler
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Our family stayed here during a local hockey tournament. The hotel set a 10pm curfew and then sent the staff around to enforce the curfew, which was great. The best part of the weekend was when there was a snow storm; over-night the hotel cleaned off everyone’s car so there was little to do in the morning before leaving for the tournament. There were a few negatives. First was a continuing problem with the pool which was closed on and off through-out the weekend. Sunday morning breakfast was a disaster the food kept running out, the lines were long and seating was a problem. Considering the hotel was fully booked the negatives were understandable but still negatives. Overall, I think things would be better on a normal weekend; but considering there are tons of hotels in the area I would use price to determine if you are going to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We're just getting back from our 3 night stay at the ES in Marlborough. There were 3 hockey teams at the hotel and I hadn't heard a complaint about any of them. One team stayed on our floor. Our last night there, there was a slumber party with about 10 teenage girls, they oddly enough were louder than the 3 teams put together!
The nightly managers reception had veggies, cheese, chips and one hot dish (meatballs, pigs in blanket) and there was enough to snack on till dinner. Massachusetts law prohibits the hotel from giving out the 'free cocktails' but there was a lot of mixers there to take back to the room.
The breakfast is overwhelming....they say they offer over 100 different breakfast combinations, and I believe it!
There are two parts to the hotel, the main building and a connecting building. In the main part of the building, the rooms overlook the breakfast area, but they are the only rooms with a full balcony.
We stayed in annexed building on the 4th floor, the upper two floors were in the process of being renovated.
Internet access is not free, $10/night, a drawback, but if you're a Hilton Honors members, a perk is free internet. Hot shower with good water pressure. Enough outlets for lap-tops, charges, etc. Convenient location? If you have to be close to the Mass Pike (3 miles away) or 495, then yes, it's convenient. We ate at a place called Texas BBQ Company and thought it was good. We shared a combo plate, had fried pickles and bread pudding--$30, not a bad deal. The place is maybe 2 miles down the road and seems to do a huge take-out business.
All in all, what more could you want from a hotel? Free eats twice a day, clean, comfy, spacious rooms, and better yet, a private bedroom with curtains that kept it dark! Oh, another thing we noticed, they have sport packages available for purchase on the TV, NHL Center Ice to name one.
There is the New England Sports Center about 2 miles away with 5 sheets of ice, so yes, this and other hotels are hockey hotels. If it bothers you, then ask at the desk to be away from hockey players, or worse, a group of teenage girls having a slumber party! I'll admit I was hesitant about staying on the same floor with the team, but once I said "good luck with your game', and they answered, "Thank you Ma'am", I knew I had nothing to worry about.....

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2007

For the price, the ES at Marlborough is definitely worth considering.

CHECK-IN was quick. There was a problem with my reservation (not the hotel's fault) but the front desk person quickly and efficiently resolved the issue, with a friendly attitude to boot.

ROOM was average. The sitting area is a bit small by ES standards, but the desk area was roomy and it was easy to see the TV while at the desk. The bathroom was in good shape as was the separate vanity area. Both have obviously had some upgrades. The carpet was a bit retro but unoffensive. Bed was comfortable and room was very quiet. Temperature control worked well. Wakeup call was prompt. Bath amenities were good. They also provide two bottles of water free of charge.

INTERNET was free. Had a minor problem getting connected but the front desk person put me through to the help desk and all was resolved quickly.

EVENING RECEPTION was nice. Food (appetizers) were plentiful if uninspired (cheese, meatballs, chips). The people behind the bar were extremely pleasant and helpful and it seemed as if many guests were repeat customers.

FOOD was surprisingly good. Dinner was not cheap but much better tasting than I expected and better than hotels that cost twice the price. The room service tray was picked up promptly. Free breakfast was fantastic -- omelets, pancakes and waffles, cooked to order, a full buffet, fruit, juices -- really all you could want. And no crowd around 7:30.

NEGATIVES -- There appeared to be only one elevator catering to 150+ rooms. Waits were never terrible, but the hotel also was not crowded. They charged me for the free internet but corrected the bill immediately when I mentioned it. TVs were a bit on the old side, but worked ok.

Overall, this is a great place to stay if you're in the area. Staff is incredibly pleasant -- every single person went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel isn't perfect, but is perfectly fine and a good value.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank MisstheDogs
Reviewed November 28, 2007

After a very unpleasant Thanksgiving at this hotel, my family has vowed never to return.

Let me start by saying that the property is beautiful, from the entryway to the landscaping to the rooms. I took advantage of the public "living room" area with comfy couches to enjoy takeout Chinese with my extended family and enjoyed the fireplace feature very much. The front desk staff are helpful and friendly. Every other contact I had with hotel employees was positive. The workout facilities are nicer than I expected, the pool is pleasant (I think it's saline instead of chlorinated, what a nice change!), and the food was great. My only complaint, and it's a big one, was with the other guests.

I knew from other reviews on this site that the hotel is known for housing hockey players, but I never imagined that they would be there over Thanksgiving. Don't these children take a break? I learned from speaking with the front desk staff and with adults with the hockey players that pretty much every hotel in the area has hockey players in it every weekend of the fall and winter. They range in age from 11 to 14, and they tend to roam in packs of three to five, unchaperoned.

My group included me and my husband with our infant in one suite and my sister and her husband and 3- and 5-year-olds in another. We are trying to teach these children how to behave properly and the hockey players set a terrible example. I was disturbed by loud swearing up and down my hallway, poor behavior at breakfast, and general messiness spilling all over the hotel. Even worse, though, one of the boys insulted my baby directly to my face. Three times when I needed to use the business center it was overfull with boys playing online games. Several times when I tried to use the elevator, all of the buttons had been pushed so we stopped at each floor, which wasted a lot of my time. The noise at night was unbelievable and we had trouble sleeping.

Another problem created by having a large group in the hotel was the kitchen's pacing of breakfast. I prefer to eat early, so I didn't have a problem, but my sister and her family ate later and said that there were no seats available (they had to clear away dishes in order to get a table--how unsanitary), there were long lines, and the kitchen was so rushed that they sent out entire buffet lines of undercooked food--runny scrambled eggs, raw hash browns, limp fatty bacon, and so on. They were not happy.

I was disappointed because I love Embassy Suites and try to stay in them when I can. The location is perfect for us, and were trying this hotel to bring our entire extended family on a regular basis. Based on this visit, we will need to try a different hotel.

I will not return to this hotel in the wintertime, and I hope my review has been helpful to you.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family