All reviewsevening receptionmade to order breakfastomelethockey tournamentpancakesfire pitliving roomgreat breakfastgreat experienceconference roomcomplimentary breakfasthot tubconvenient locationgrocery storeatriumcookselevator
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Two or three times a year we visit our grand kids in Northborough, MA and the Embassy Suites has become our home away from home during those visits. Everything about the hotel...location, room, pool, restaurant, staff...is perfect for us. The entire staff is warm and caring. Great hospitality. And we think your new "Green Choices" idea is right on. We received $60 in restaurant credits.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear William W,
We are honored to have you with us each time you're in the area visiting family. We are very fortunate to have so many consider our hotel their home away from home both families and those who are here weekly with us for business. We consider all part of our extended Embassy Suites Family!
We've likely met however in the event we haven't please ask for me the next time you are here to see the family.

With thanks and regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great hotel but the beds are very soft and need to be replaced all four people in 2 rooms were unhappy with the bed.

The noise from the road kept me up - I am a light sleeper (others in our group, 2 rooms total, were not bothered as much by the noise).

The cocktail hour was amazing as was the breakfast and service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. While very pleased to hear of your experience with service, breakfast and manager's reception, was disappointed and apologize for the noise issue and mattress discomfort you encountered. We will use your comments as we constantly work to improve our guests experience and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stated this hotel recently for business. The hotel is clean, fairly modern, and close to the highway. Despite its proximity to the highway, there's no noise in the room. What sets this hotel apart from others is the staff. They are professional, friendly, and eager to please. I arrived late And went to buy candy bar in the snack shop. The front desk manager comped me the candy bar for no particular reason except to be friendly. The catering manager, Mary Millett, greets each table at breakfast in the morning. I was late for the free buffet, but Mary offered to have an omelette cooked for me.

My only criticism of this hotel is the location. It is advertised as the Embassy suites Boston in Marlboro. In reality, Marlbrough is approximately 45 miles outside of Boston. Visitors planning to visit Boston would do well not to stay at this hotel, only because of the distance from Boston to Marlborough. If you're visiting Worcester or central Massachusetts, This is the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear MassGal02189,
Thank you for your review and acknowledgement of the staff's efforts. It's truly appreciated. We are very fortunate to have the team members we have and comments shared such as these remind us of that. Regarding the location and it's proximity to Boston we are indeed a suburban Boston hotel; 35 miles west and yet all of properties have the Boston-Marlborough tag. It's an industry standard but I absolutely acknowledge your comments here as well. You were here for business. Those enjoying leisure travel in MA enjoy the location with its easy access to all points New England, including Boston. Those looking to spend the time exclusively in downtown Boston are best served staying in the city.

Safe travels and regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a good Embassy Suites made Fantastic by the attentive, friendly, hospitality oriented staff. April and Christina provided excellent front desk service. One of the managers, Mark, got up from his desk, walked over to the outside swinging door and opened it for me so that I didn't need to stop, let go of my roller bag, open the door, grab my roller bag and try to get inside before the door closed on me. His gesture was so simple and understated, yet so meaningful to me.

When I arrived in my room I noticed that my clock was on EST not EDT. I tried to change it myself and could not figure out how to change the time. I called the front desk and reached April. She said that the clocks are not easy to change and that she would send up an engineer to bring me a new clock. I had to go down to by car to get something, by the time that I returned to my room the engineer had replaced my clock.

One of my colleagues needed his TV replaced. Humberto arrived with a new TV within minutes, expertly replaced the TV and my colleague was back in business.

Due to Massachusett's law there is no "Happy Hour" or free drinks in MA? This causes the "Manager's Special" to be alcohol-free. However, the lack of free adult beverages is made up by the delicious fare that the restaurant manager Paul provides. The evening spread even included mussels one evening. Another evening Paul brought around a delicious serving of Jumbo Shrimp. Needless to say, there was no reason to go out to eat.

The rooms are standard "Embassy Suites." They are larger and better appointed in the new section. The parking is a bit of challenge if you are in the older atrium section and have to park near the newer rooms. The bathroom fans in the older section are loud and can disturb the occupant in the next room. All of these are minor annoyances that are more than made up for by the hospitality of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a west-facing room in the older section and you get a balcony and a sunset view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear RLPark,
Thank you for sharing your experience and the kudos on the staff. While these comments are shared with the team members, the engagement level here is such many come to me prior to our monthly team member luncheon letting me know their names have been noted. It means so much to them and I'm left with the impression they made on you the traveler, that you not only took the time to review but to mention their names specifically. Many times it is the little things but they all add up. Thanks for the photos as well, we do get some great sunsets from that side of the building. I've taken note and will share your comments on the fans as well with our chief engineer.

With regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff was tremendous and very accommodating. The breakfast and food services were excellent and this hotel is HIGHLY recommended. The rooms were very modern, clean, and very well maintained. This hotel served as our, 22 young men of a College basketball team, for 3 nights and all of our guys loved it. The staff was very supportive and seemed to care about each individual and their needs/wants. The best hotel we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jarell C,
Thank you so much for staying with us but for your review as well. I'm left with Wow! Special thanks for your remarks on our staff. These reviews and others are shared with department heads and team members. It means so much that their efforts are noticed. We do have a wide spectrum of guests with corporate, leisure, families and sports. All are valued certainly and each come with a separate set of needs.

Thank you again and we'll look forward to your return.

With regards,