All reviewsevening receptionmade to order breakfastomelethockey tournamentpancakesfire pitliving roomgreat breakfastgreat experienceconference roomcomplimentary breakfasthot tubconvenient locationgrocery storeatriumcookselevator
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Marlborough multiple times for work often over extended intervals.

It's a nice location close to food and small "I forgot stuff" shops. It has comfortable, clean rooms. The maid staff is great as my room is always so clean with some special touches to come home to (hot chocolate and a nice note, etc).

The front desk staff is great as well. I always feel very welcomed by them. They even sent up some free slippers after my husband called to see if they had any for me after i forgot mine.

It's just not that fancy.. I won't stay anywhere else on my return trips to Marlborough.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Jill M,
We appreciate you choosing the Embassy Suites for your home away from home each time business brings you to the area. On behalf of all our team members thank you for acknowledging their efforts. We're often reminded by our guests of our great location and proximity to the dozen eateries and shops immediately behind the hotel. Our full kitchen suites are ideal for those relocating to the area or staying with us on an extended basis.

We'll look forward to your return and again appreciate your business.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

After a long trip from NC with the family all day for the holidays, I was relieved to arrive at this hotel, and just a few days before Christmas. I was checked in quickly, and with a room upgrade!. The whole family settled in quickly, and in time for a drink and snack at the happy hour. Alcohol drinks are not free here (local ordinance). The pool and whirlpool were large - the kids played for a couple hours, while we unwound from our trip. The breakfast the next day was a little slow because there was only one line serving - but it was delicious. We'll be back

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Chuck,
Thank you for your review and kudos while here with family just before the holidays. We're glad your arrival coincided with our manager's reception and that you had enough time to enjoy the pool and other amenities offered. We'll look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were booked here by our nearby client. Upon arrival, we found a nearly jammed parking lot. One thing the hotel should do is reserve a few spots in front for people who are checking in. It's place is massive - must be several hundred rooms. I was booked into a room with a king size bed (at my request). I know bed firmness is subjective but mine felt like a giant marshmallow. The suite was okay sized but the bedroom was a bit small. Strangely, my bathroom shower appeared to be of the handicap accessible variety. The included cooked-to-order breakfast was very nice and the free business center was an unexpected, pleasant surprise. Based on others' comments about the hockey tournaments that invade on weekends, I wouldn't stay here then, but for a weekday stay, it's perfectly adequate.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear NickK7501,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We are glad to have had you as our guest while in town on business and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our business center and breakfast offerings. We hope you will consider staying with us again when you return to the area we would love to see you back.

Safe Travels and regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The rooms were nice and spacious; plenty of room for me, my sister, and our 3 small children. The kids loved the pool, and we loved the bar in the atrium and the complementary breakfast. Service was top notch all around. I will definitely return the next time I am visiting.

Room Tip: We stayed in the wing that was on the opposite side from all the amenities, so we needed to go through the lobby every time we wanted to get to the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lets_go_stillers,
Thank you for sharing your experience with others while staying with us and your top notch rating of it. The pool is often a hit with children of all ages and that breakfast.... one of Embassy Suites Pillars of Value which can't be beat!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Spent almost 2 weeks here on a company meeting. Like the name implies, this is probably an "all suites" hotel where you have a seperate living room and bedroom.This is nice in terms of space. Having said that, this is a 20 year old property and the design elements look 30 years old. So everything is in dreadful brown and there's no shower cubicle, just the tub which i dislike. Luckily they "updated" the rooms with flat screen tvs. Like most US hotels, they don't provide toothbrushes, water or bathrobes so bring your own.There's a supermarket next door so that will solve most of your problems. They have some restaurants in the same area but not highly rated

Breakfast was ok, probably limited in variety like most US hotels.Cleaning service is spotty, sometimes they refill everything, sometimes they miss something. Rooms service was below average as the steak and pizza were blah.Almost every weekend, there is about a hundred kids staying at the hotel for their hockey tournaments, so you'll have to contend with some running and yelling.The gym and pool are tiny, but they do have a tie-up with a sports club 15mins from the hotel, you can ask the shuttle to bring you there and back. The sports club also looks like a 20 year old property which is 30 years old unfortunately

All the above would have probably scored a 3 rating in my book, but this hotel has a few unique elements:
1. they have this "green choices green rewards" program where if you indicate that you don' need your room cleaned or towels etc changed, they give you a $10 meal credit for each day you are in the program. it's a win-win-win in my opinion (for the environment, hotel and guest)
2. after each room order is deilvered, the restaurant manager would call and ask how the food was. I thought it was a nice touch, though i probably rather be left alone than take the call

All in all, a decent stay at a decent hotel with some unique touches

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bcheong
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear bcheong,
I thank you for your review and pointing out some of our unique points. Those and your insight on suitekeeping services, food and beverage have been shared with the appropriate department heads in order to improve the guest experience. I have also found the variances in hotel ratings interesting as compared to the United States. Those in the orient are in a different class as compared to those in Europe and those in Europe as compared to those in the United States. While the hotel does go back 20 years, our last total renovation was completed in 2008 so I can assure other travelers that while you note the design elements look 30 years old, all were new with our last renovation. While I do not anticipate the addition of shower cubicles in our next renovation, I'll be certain to share your impressions on the current design overall.
Thank you again for your insight. It is truly appreciated.