“Decent food, service and prices”

Kennedy's Pub Incorporated
Ranked #8 of 152 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Camp Hill, PA
“Decent food, service and prices”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stopped for dinner on a trip to Maine. I read several reviews and had a very good recommendation from the clerk at the hotel we were staying. We arrived around 4 pm on a Friday and the bar was getting full and we were the first to be seated at a table. By the time we left the bar was full and the dinning room extremely busy. We were greeted prompted and our first round of drinks were served quickly. Admittedly I am not a big fan of New England Clam Chowder but vowed to try it several times while in NE. I was skeptical when the waitress told me theirs was "award winning." I was really surprised at how good it was! The texture was perfect and it was loaded with clams (unlike many chowders where you feel as if you've won a prize when you found a clam). In fact of the 6 different places I had clam chowder in Mass and Maine this was at the top or close to it of my favorites. I had mini-beef tenderloins wrapped in bacon for my main and wild rice. The main came with salad and bread but I opted to substitute the clam chowder for the salad at no additional cost. The beef was perfectly done. A bit charred on the outside and juicy pink in the middle.

The server was attentive yet unobtrusive. The atmosphere was pub type which meant it came with the inherent noise of pub banter. We were a bit away from the bar so it was not problematic. As with most places, the wine your standard bar stock and was overpriced.

I would go back again if for nothing else, the clam chowder.

• Visited July 2013

Hudson, Massachusetts
“No lobster on the menu? Not a problem”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I don't know why they don't have lobster on the menu when they sell them live or steamed in their market next door, but if you ask they will gladly go get one and prepare it for you. All the fried seafood is very good, everything else is standard pub fare. It can get a bit loud in the bar area, but you are in a pub. The market next door sells fresh and prepared seafood, meats and some veggies. It's a little pricey but you can't beat the freshness

• Visited March 2013
“sent my food back 3 times”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I decided to try the Kennedy's Pub in Marlborough yesterday. I wish we hadn't!!!! 2 of the 4 meals were good, the coconut shrimp and the steak tips. The fish and chips were overcooked and my sole almondine was inedible! When we got the food mine looked very good so I took a bite, I then decided to try the other end of the filet, which I am now glad that I did, it was undercooked, so I send it back. When a new meal returned it was even less cooked than the previous meal and the waitress argued with me saying " the chef says it's cooked!!! He cooked it more than the last piece" I don't know what piece of fish the chef was looking at when he told the server that but it wasn't mine, I even had the other people at the table check it since the server was not believing me in the slightest. I sent that meal back and didn't want to try fish again so I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, what I got was a piece of dried out meat on a bun no lettuce no tomato, no mayo and no cheese or bacon!!! So I again sent my food back to the kitchen!!!! When it returned it had bacon and cheese but I was informed that they don't put anything else on there burgers. I sat there eating a dry beef pattie that was tasteless unless I got a bite of bacon. We asked to speak to a manager and were informed that there wasn't one on the premises!!!! I got to complain to the hostess, who made a rude comment to me on the way out!!! My family didn't pay for the sole meal and I hope they didn't pay for the dried out meat pattie that I did eventually consume. I think I should have left without eating anything however as my stomach felt like I had a lead weight in it for most of the rest of the day.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank hillbillyhoya
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good value”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We frequent this place every 6 months or so. Love the cozy interior and hearty food. We always order the twin club steaks ( about $17) that come with salad and potato. This place is one of the few that makes Delmonico potatoes that are great. Its popular with the locals, who always crowd around the bar area. The chairs at the bar are super uncomfortable, so if you're looking to hang out an watch the game, beware of your back. Its always busy, so thats a sign of a good restaurant I suppose. Bottom line: Food is good, not gourmet, but good for the price. Rustic cozy atmosphere is nice year round.

• Visited June 2013
Saginaw MI
“Poor food, Poor Service”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wow, all that I can assume from the previous reviews is that the people that wrote them are the owners of the Pub or that They've never heard of Gordon's food service.
We arrived on a Saturday evening at 4 pm with a group of 20 people from a hockey tournament. We were told by the Tourney we had "Reservations". When we arrived an eldery lady working there said we did not and that she would not be able to seat us. However after we showed her the confirmation e-mail from Kennedy's she agreed so we were seated upstairs.
I ordered a Hamburger Rare to medium rare ( The Moody Blue Burger) what I got was a COLD HARD over cooked unedible peice of rubber. My son got the overcooked HARD chicken strips.
All of this food they purchased pre made and simply heated up.
My son and I spent $60 on about $3 worth of GFS food.
The next day we went to Union Oyster House spent less and ate VERY WELL.
I guess the people of MA are so used to being screwed by people name Kennedy that even this second rate crap they serve is ok to them.
Very Poor food and Bad service.

• Visited May 2013