All reviewslarge hotelbreakfast buffethockey tournamentfront desk staffnew englandbed was very comfortableplenty of parkingbusiness tripgreat experiencefitness centerconferencejeffbwwebbeventexpoconvenience
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I've stayed in the Royal Plaza hotel for a business trip. For that purpose, it was ok - the rooms are quite large and comfy, although the furniture is a bit old-fashioned. Rooms have been clean and this is what counts most!

The breakfast buffet was good, but without any (positive and negative) surprises. But I would not recommend taking dinner in the hotel restaurant - service was not too good there and the quality of the food does not justify its price. For lunch or dinner, a walk to the close shopping center with a couple of good restaurants is more recommendable.

In general, the hotel is a good choice for a business trip, but do not expect anything exciting there.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank bacalis
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Clean room, comfy bed, free internet. The breakfast buffet was so so. The bar was fun. I liked the pool. The lobby was freezing cold. It was hard to take when we were trying to meet up with people. It is right off of 495 which I think was the best part. It didn't wow me but our stay there was fine.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank cheesel0ver
Reviewed January 10, 2006

Stayed here after a wedding in Northborough.
Room was clean, bed was comfy, atrium was pretty and the front desk person checking us in (older gentleman on the late night shift) was extremely friendly.

For $85+tax that's all I needed. Didn't get to use the pool or have breakfast there. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank Seaside12764
Reviewed November 10, 2005

I'd stayed at this hotel a few times in the last 3 years, and, while it was never pristine, it was usually clean and seemed well-run. My experience during my last stay tells me that something is definitely wrong at this hotel now...

The first room I was given was not clean - the beds were made, but there were crumbs/dirt all over the carpet - obviously had not been vacuumed. They gave me another room, and, while it was still dingy and didn't smell that great, I couldn't tell that an attempt had not been made to clean it, so I accepted it. The beds were as hard as a rock in both rooms.

The breakfast buffet the next morning was not very good - I'm not sure how they did it, but the make-your-own waffle I had was _sour_ - I'm hoping it was an excess of buttermilk in the batter, and not a result of the batter having been left out all week. Even though the breakfast was included with my room, I declined it the second morning.

When I arrived from my appointments the next evening, I also noticed that, while the beds had been made and the towels changed, that the carpet had not been vacuumed, and the bathroom had not been cleaned - still hairs and stuff in the sink, etc. I was checking out the next morning, and I figured that the hairs were, at least probably mine, so I stayed the final night.

Instead of a wakeup call the next morning, I was awakened by the smell of burning hair/feathers/? coming from the heater - I can only think where that came from. I got dressed and left. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank AVGreg
Reviewed October 4, 2004

Wireless internet connection in room was very slow.
Swimming pool was old and worn down.
No whirlpool was a let down.
No easy foot path to shops/restaurants.
Again not worth $100+ for a room.

5  Thank Seasoned-Traveler88