All reviews large hotel breakfast buffet hockey tournament front desk staff new england bed was very comfortable plenty of parking business trip great experience fitness center conference jeff bw webb event expo convenience
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Clean room, comfy bed, free internet. The breakfast buffet was so so. The bar was fun. I liked the pool. The lobby was freezing cold. It was hard to take when we were trying to meet up with people. It is right off of 495 which I think was the best part. It didn't wow me but our stay there was fine.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank cheesel0ver
Reviewed January 10, 2006

Stayed here after a wedding in Northborough.
Room was clean, bed was comfy, atrium was pretty and the front desk person checking us in (older gentleman on the late night shift) was extremely friendly.

For $85+tax that's all I needed. Didn't get to use the pool or have breakfast there. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank Seaside12764
Reviewed November 10, 2005

I'd stayed at this hotel a few times in the last 3 years, and, while it was never pristine, it was usually clean and seemed well-run. My experience during my last stay tells me that something is definitely wrong at this hotel now...

The first room I was given was not clean - the beds were made, but there were crumbs/dirt all over the carpet - obviously had not been vacuumed. They gave me another room, and, while it was still dingy and didn't smell that great, I couldn't tell that an attempt had not been made to clean it, so I accepted it. The beds were as hard as a rock in both rooms.

The breakfast buffet the next morning was not very good - I'm not sure how they did it, but the make-your-own waffle I had was _sour_ - I'm hoping it was an excess of buttermilk in the batter, and not a result of the batter having been left out all week. Even though the breakfast was included with my room, I declined it the second morning.

When I arrived from my appointments the next evening, I also noticed that, while the beds had been made and the towels changed, that the carpet had not been vacuumed, and the bathroom had not been cleaned - still hairs and stuff in the sink, etc. I was checking out the next morning, and I figured that the hairs were, at least probably mine, so I stayed the final night.

Instead of a wakeup call the next morning, I was awakened by the smell of burning hair/feathers/? coming from the heater - I can only think where that came from. I got dressed and left. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank AVGreg
Reviewed October 4, 2004

Wireless internet connection in room was very slow.
Swimming pool was old and worn down.
No whirlpool was a let down.
No easy foot path to shops/restaurants.
Again not worth $100+ for a room.

5  Thank Seasoned-Traveler88
Reviewed June 25, 2004

We stayed a couple night at the Royal Plaza. It was a clean hotel. Nothing spectacular. Getting to and from the hotel off the main road can be difficult. Make sure when you are in the area to eat at the italian restuarant, I think it's called Linguines, and try the crab ravioli in lobster cream sauce. Breakfast buffet at the hotel is very pricey and not very good.

• Stayed: June 2004