“Adequate Hotel for a Night or Two”

Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Marlborough
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stay at this hotel just about every year when I attend a conference there. It's adequate, but nothing over the top. Let's start with some of the positives. It's conveniently located right off the highway and near lots of stores and restaurants. There is a huge hotel parking lot, so no issues trying to find a spot. There are four elevators and I have never had to wait very long at all. Check in is quick and efficient. The room will run you about $120.00 a night. It's value priced. The staff in the restaurant for breakfast are super attentive and check on you all the time to make sure you have everything you need. There is a hot and cold breakfast buffet option that saves you time if you are in a rush. The rooms are generally clean and well stocked with towels. Wifi is free and the connectivity good. There is a room service menu in the rooms and it looks like they have many choices for guests and the prices are reasonable. I have never ordered it myself.

Now for the negatives. The entrance for the hotel is easy to miss because your GPS will have you turning into a shopping plaza with the hotel in full view behind it and no way to get to it from there. You actually have to go past the shopping plaza and turn right about 1/8 mile down the road. The interior of the hotel is dated and could use some sprucing up. My phone never seems to work in this hotel. I get a "no service" signal all the time. The workout area is extremely small and I have never been able to use it because all of the equipment is occupied. I think they have two machines and a weight bench in there. It's tiny for the size of the hotel. The water pressure is crazy low and it is difficult to rinse off soap and shampoo. I hate the shampoo and conditioner combined in one bottle because that really never works on my hair. There is no rapid check out where the bill is slipped under the door in the wee hours of the morning so you can bypass the front desk for check out. There is no safe in the room. I have also never seen a guest services book in my room to let me know about the hotel amenities. This time when I arrived in my room, all the drawers were wide open and all of the cushions up on the sofa and the chair. Maybe housekeeping got interrupted and left it that way?

I only stay one night here when I visit. It's seems like an okay hotel for a couple of days for business, but not exactly a hotel for vacation.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michie1291
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. Your feedback will be mentioned during our next meeting. We’re confident that we offer excellent accommodations for both business travelers and vacationers alike.
Many thanks,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I found the facility to be clean, the hotel staff very helpful, price was reasonable ($110 With taxes), restaurant was clean and the waitstaff was professional, clean and friendly. I found nothing off putting with my stay. Check out in the morning was quick and easy. Breakfast was plentiful, looked appealing and proved tasty and was hot.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Richard J E

That’s what we love to hear! We want every part of your stay to be as comfortable and easy as possible. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!
Many Thanks,

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for business meetings and for overnight stays when in the area, it is very close to a variety of areas and easy to get to from all points within the state. The lounge and bar staff at this hotel are very attentive and ready to please.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for your recommendation! Our staff is something else. They’re always willing to go the extra mile to make your stay special. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you’ll come again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The room had no glasses just plastic cups. The fitness center had different hours on website, hotel room info book, and on the door. The tv guide was completely wrong. The Allstar Bar is one of the best places to eat in Mass.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’ll be sure to look into the hours listed for the fitness room. I’m sorry you didn’t find your stay satisfactory and I will personally investigate these issues to make sure they’re resolved asap.
Many Thanks,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Recently stayed for a night here on my way to Boston. This hotel is very nice. Breakfast buffett was a nice touch. The room was very clean however the rugs could you use a good shampoo. Pool seemd nice but did not get to use it. Very quiet and no problems while we were there

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky V
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

The breakfast buffet is always a guest favorite. I’ll be sure to make a note about the rugs. We want every aspect of your stay to be as clean and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your comments and we hope you’ll come again!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Although the price was fine, I find this hotel to be aging and needing an upgrade. The bathroom needs attention to fixtures. I could hear the people in the next room. Elevator goes very slowly and probably needs to be upgraded.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Deborah D

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We do in fact have many upgrades planned in the near future. I hope you can come back soon to enjoy them!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The electronic keys do not work so each time I left the room I had to get a new key. Once 7 times. Toilet leaked during night. I slipped in water in middle in middle of night and was injured. No one in management cared. Each night security was sent to room adjacent to me for noise and vulgarity. 9pm-4 pm for 4 nights. Night management never told day management. Seemed since they were booked solid one unhappy guest didn't matter.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Yevet
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I can assure you that each guest is important to us. Please contact the hotel and ask for Jeff so we can resolve this for you.
Respectfully,