All reviewslarge hotelbreakfast buffethockey tournamentfront desk staffnew englandbed was very comfortableplenty of parkingbusiness tripgreat experiencefitness centerconferencejeffbwwebbeventexpoconvenience
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Was not pleased at all. Too many security gaurds following the kids around. If you are a hotel hosting a hockey tournament, you must be aware that kids need a place to do something in between games. I have traveled to many hotels for hockey tournaments and never have I encountered such security nonsense. As you are required to be respectful in sound as well as respect to the hotel, there were no such accomodations made for the kids to just have a place to hang around. The constant following of the kids/adults was over kill. The hotel furnishings remind me of the 70's. The a/c in the room was not cold at all. The woman in the store towards purchasing customers was rude, even when the kids were accompanied by an adult!!! Way too many rules. I would never stay there again and I would never recommend that hotel to anyone especially for any sporting venues where kids can gather in groups!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center. We are sorry to hear that you felt that the security guards had a more noticeable presence than desired. We do take pride in providing exceptional safety for our guests. Our hotel is very large and guests often give positive feedback that we provide security to ensure their safety as other hotels do not. We are always striving to make improvements to our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again to see them. If you felt anything was left unresolved, please contact me at jkerrigan@rplazahotels.com.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

i found my stay extremely pleasurable all the staff went above and beyond my expectations

Room Tip: there suites are excellent
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center. We are pleased to hear that you experienced excellent service from all employees at the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

A disgusting smell of smoke start seeping into my non-smoking room and made it hard to breathe. My spring allergies have been acting up recently, and this certainly didn't help me sleep. The hallway was pretty creepy, but at least the room was decent. It was a large room with a king sized bed, but I'm not sure who set up the furniture. They don't know how to utilize the space properly.

This has nothing to do with my stay in particular but it's such false advertising to try to promote hotels in towns like Marlborough, Milford, etc. as "Boston" hotels. I don't understand how so many people from other countries can get duped into thinking they're staying at a Boston hotel. I'm from Massachusetts so I know that Marlborough is not close to Boston, but I'd be really upset if that happened to me.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center and for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that a smoky smell permeated into your non-smoking room. We have fully trained our staff to accommodate guests with any issues or concerns about their room. We would encourage to bring anything like this to their attention so that we can help resolve any matters for you. We are always striving to make improvements to our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again to see them.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Calling this a "hotel" is a stretch. Dated hotel badly needs a make over. Booked through hotwire and discounted price hardly made up for queen size bed and mismatch furnishings. When I asked for a different room front desk obliged and moved us to a "king" room. Couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently. We have a long history of serving the Marlborough community and are a large, yet affordable hotel for many guests and groups. We are continually renovating parts of our hotel to provide the best stay possible for our guests. We are happy to have moved you to a larger room and hope you will return to see the continued improvements to the hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stay at the Royal Plaza up to 5 times a year for 4-5days. I always get excellent service from
all the employees. There is one desk clerk in particular that always does a professional job.
AJ is one of the most professional members of any team I have encountered. He does not
have the words I can't do it or no in his vocabulary. Any request is taken cheerfully and completed in a very timely manner. When I stay at this hotel I hope that AJ is on duty if
I need something done.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are very grateful to have you as a frequent guest at our hotel and thank you for leaving this great feedback. We will be sure to pass your remarks on to our staff and AJ. It makes us happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel so much and experience excellent customer service. We look forward to having you again soon!