Here are some positive and negative points I found.
1) Front desk staff are cheerful and appeared helpful (until you have a problem).
2) The hotel seems to by trying to update/upgrade rooms with newer appearing furniture. The room smelt OK.
1) The A/C unit in the room made such a laud rumbling sound when it kicks in that we had to turn it off so that we could sleep. I found that there were quite a few people complaining about the same issue on-line and wondering why the management is not addressing such a basic problem for comfort of their customers.
2) Free wi-fi didn't work. I called the front desk, and then the tech service who could not solve the problem and promised to call back ASAP but never called me back. When I told what happened to the front desk as we were checking out, I was told "oh, we have nothing to do with that because they are not part of us". Ok, but you told me to call the tech service and only thing the tech guy did was to aggravate the problem worse. I don't call this a good problem solving service.
3) The hotel elevators, at least 2 of them that I rode, had "failed in inspection" notice from 1-18-2012 and, perhaps has nothing to do with it but was making a awful noise when it comes to stop. The carpet inside the elevators need a serious cleaning or replacement.
4) Some of the fixtures (wall mount coat rack and bathroom towel holding rack) were coming off the wall. I wish I took pictures to share.
We stayed at Best Western because that's where we were assigned to stay for my daughter's soccer tournament. Though we have stayed in many other chain hotels under the similar circumstance, this was the first time we stayed in BW. It quickly became apparent that this hotel survives on serving similar types of group deals catering to people with no other choice but to stay there. Yes, it is not an expensive place to stay, but not the most inexpensive place either. If I had a choice, I would never ever stay here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Best Western, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel And Trade Center
- Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Marlborough
- Marlborough Best Western
- Best Western Marlborough