All reviewslarge hotelbreakfast buffethockey tournamentfront desk staffnew englandbed was very comfortableplenty of parkingbusiness tripgreat experiencefitness centerconferencejeffbwwebbeventexpoconvenience
Reviewed February 5, 2012

It's rather cheap and provides good value for the money.
Air conditioner in the room was noisy, but otherwise the room was OK and clean.

• Stayed: February 2012
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
I’m glad you found our hotel a good value for what you paid, and that your room was clean. We strive for every guest to have an enjoyable stay which it sounds like you had with us. Thanks for the review and I hope you’ll stay with us again the next trip you visit!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Had been to hotel in past for company training and always thought it looked nice. This time here for local hockey tournament and several teams and families here for weekend and this review is for how well the hotel presented for THIS particular crowd.

I will say this...the hotel prepared well(did a great job), setting aside rooms on the first floor for kids to rough-house, keeping an abundance of security patrolling to keep the hallways quiet and having large areas set up for family parties and dining - the breakfast buffet was excellent. On the negative side, I think having hockey parents in large order takes it toll on the hotel staff as I thought the check-out person (unfriendly young woman) didn't need to make me sweat/dance when I asked for a later check out (1 pm - as a few of the other teams had requested) and the bar staff could have been better prepared and on its toes. If I am a bartender there with paying customers waiting, I am busting my butt to make tips...but maybe this group has a different pay plan. We were shaking our heads at times. Finally, the elevators felt a little shaky with one of them in particular having failed a recent inspection and with a door that takes so long to open that its passengers begin to sweat...yikes.

Back to the positive, the management was very responsive to special requests. You don't expect the Four Seasons when you enter a situation like this...the hotel will likely need a refresh in the coming years too including flat screen TVs.....but for the reasonable money paid, the convenient location with restaurants abound... not to mention the excellent included breakfast, I have to give this hotel high marks for dealing with the hockey parent crowd while trying hard to keep other stayers happy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the hockey team! Thanks for letting us know you thought our breakfast, security and customer service were excellent! We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here one snowing winter day. Room service is overpriced, but the hotel is comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thanks for leaving us a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor! We’re glad you were pleased with your experience at our hotel and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed only one night at this hotel in April 2011. This large hotel has great prices for the area and the overall stay was good. I was lucky to stay on a quiet time even on the eve of the Boston Marathon. The rooms are average, seemed to be mostly clean but the age is really stating to show. I performed a full bedbug inspection and found no sighns of the nasty critters. As always I check the bedbug registry before I book and this one was not on it at the time and I hope it is still "clean" of the critters. I didn't eat at the hotel because there was alot of good places to eat around there but the sports bar at the hotel seemed to be a good bet for a game night. The service at the desk was a little slow and that was annoying since I could count the few cars in the parking lot. But overall, I would return and will likely have travel in the area soon. Stayed tuned for an update. Oh, almost forgot about the elevators. Better plan extra time since they are VERY slow and the stairs will be much faster on a busy hotel day.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors to avoid the SLOW elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center. We're glad that you found our hotel clean and quiet. We are always trying to make improvements at our hotel so your feedback is appreciated. We look forward to having you stay with us again for your next trip.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

I've stayed here quite a few times over the last few years when I'm in town visiting family. The last time I stayed there, the toilet had major problems which I noticed when I first entered the room. I called down to the desk and someone came up and gave me a plunger. Great. The shower had not been cleaned, there was hair in it and there were quite a few stains on the floor. I ended up keeping the room and just sleeping since I had just finished a 4.5 hour drive. They give you free continental breakfast if you eat in the restaurant downstairs which is sort of annoying if you just want to grab a bagel or something to go without actually sitting down. I no longer stay at this hotel. When I am in Marlboro I stay at the Hampton Inn ONLY! I highly recommend the Hampton Inn...they have free hot breakfast that you grab and go! The rooms and beds in general are also much nicer at the Hampton. Whenever I have had issues at the Royal Plaza Hotel I never felt like the staff really cared or went above and beyond to rectify the situation. Leaving a plunger outside my door wasn't really that helpful. Do yourself a favor, drive another 2 seconds down route 20 and stay at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank S R

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. We are sad to hear about your unsatisfactory stay. We have noted your feedback and have shared your experience with our staff as we are always striving to provide the best guest service. If anything was not resolved from your stay please let us know at jkerrigan@rplazahotels.com.