All reviewslarge hotelbreakfast buffethockey tournamentfront desk staffnew englandbed was very comfortableplenty of parkingbusiness tripgreat experiencefitness centerconferencejeffbwwebbeventexpoconvenience
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here one snowing winter day. Room service is overpriced, but the hotel is comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thanks for leaving us a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor! We’re glad you were pleased with your experience at our hotel and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed only one night at this hotel in April 2011. This large hotel has great prices for the area and the overall stay was good. I was lucky to stay on a quiet time even on the eve of the Boston Marathon. The rooms are average, seemed to be mostly clean but the age is really stating to show. I performed a full bedbug inspection and found no sighns of the nasty critters. As always I check the bedbug registry before I book and this one was not on it at the time and I hope it is still "clean" of the critters. I didn't eat at the hotel because there was alot of good places to eat around there but the sports bar at the hotel seemed to be a good bet for a game night. The service at the desk was a little slow and that was annoying since I could count the few cars in the parking lot. But overall, I would return and will likely have travel in the area soon. Stayed tuned for an update. Oh, almost forgot about the elevators. Better plan extra time since they are VERY slow and the stairs will be much faster on a busy hotel day.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors to avoid the SLOW elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center. We're glad that you found our hotel clean and quiet. We are always trying to make improvements at our hotel so your feedback is appreciated. We look forward to having you stay with us again for your next trip.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

I've stayed here quite a few times over the last few years when I'm in town visiting family. The last time I stayed there, the toilet had major problems which I noticed when I first entered the room. I called down to the desk and someone came up and gave me a plunger. Great. The shower had not been cleaned, there was hair in it and there were quite a few stains on the floor. I ended up keeping the room and just sleeping since I had just finished a 4.5 hour drive. They give you free continental breakfast if you eat in the restaurant downstairs which is sort of annoying if you just want to grab a bagel or something to go without actually sitting down. I no longer stay at this hotel. When I am in Marlboro I stay at the Hampton Inn ONLY! I highly recommend the Hampton Inn...they have free hot breakfast that you grab and go! The rooms and beds in general are also much nicer at the Hampton. Whenever I have had issues at the Royal Plaza Hotel I never felt like the staff really cared or went above and beyond to rectify the situation. Leaving a plunger outside my door wasn't really that helpful. Do yourself a favor, drive another 2 seconds down route 20 and stay at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank S R

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. We are sad to hear about your unsatisfactory stay. We have noted your feedback and have shared your experience with our staff as we are always striving to provide the best guest service. If anything was not resolved from your stay please let us know at jkerrigan@rplazahotels.com.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

My partner and I spent four nights in this hotel as part of a tour of Boston and New England. The reviews that we had read prior to the trip had worried us and even the hotel's website wasn't particularly reassuring but as soon as we stepped into the hotel we were relieved. Admittedly this hotel is a little tired and dated, but for the purpose of our stay - as a base for visiting many of New England's popular sites - it is conveniently located near to the Mass Turnpike meaning you can avoid the heavy city traffic of Boston and other areas. OK, it's an hour or so to the centre of Boston but it's also a quarter of the price of a Boston hotel! The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel itself, although in need of a little freshening up, had everything we needed (although we didn't do much other than sleep and eat breakfast here). Breakfast was always good with a wide variety of both hot and cold items and there was always plenty to go round. We did, however, find ourseleves getting up a little earlier than perhaps we ordinarily would have to avoid having to queue for a table.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center. We're pleased that you found our location convenient and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We made a note of your suggestion to add more tables in the eating area and to improve the decor of the interior. We’re glad you had an enjoyable stay and hope that we will be able to host you again soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed four nights at this HUGE hotel
Although on the fourth floor the HOTEL'S airconditioning was unbearably noisy
We got ourselves moved three times before a suitable room was found - the reception staff did not understand the layout of the hotel and just kept moving us on the same corridor
You need to be on the odd numbered rooms - as I remember
Once a quite room was found it was good, we even had a view from our window
The vending machines in the corridord made them VERY hot - this was OCTOBER note!
Waiting for the lift in thse corridors was almost ubearable becaus eof the heat and dead air

We te "sport bar"restaurant twice and thefood was good but a quiiter restaurant area would have made our eating experience better
Ver badly designed hoel but the staff were as helpful as there traing allowed

Room Tip: Get a room away from the hotel's VERY, VERY noisy airconditioning units I think these were the Odd numbered room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sparkfishes
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. We are glad our staff was accommodating in finding you a suitable replacement room and were helpful. We are always making improvements to our hotel layout and features but want to ensure our staff is helpful and friendly which you said you experienced. We have noted your feedback and appreciate you staying with us. If anything was not resolved from your stay please let us know at jkerrigan@rplazahotels.com.