“Great lunches”
Review of Allora Ristorante

Allora Ristorante
Ranked #11 of 153 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Massachusetts
“Great lunches”
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Have made a point of visiting Allora Ristorante in 2008, this time for lunch. Joined some friends for a great lunch. We all had great salads (Organic Greens, BLT Wedge with Blue Cheese and a Baby Spinach with pine nuts and gorgonzola) all were really tasty and fresh. We were all in the mood for Panini's and boy were they delicious. We all had a different one and managed to share tastes of each. My favorite was the Grilled Tenderloin of Beef. Running close were the Grilled Chicken and the Grilled Panini Caprese (that was for the vegetarian among us). Thought they were the best Panini's I've ever tasted. Portions were generous and came with very tasty ff but we weren't leving without testing the desserts. (We shared)We had a fabulous chocolate cake and an almond semi-fredo(sp) that was very different and delicious. We were told these are both the chef's specialties. The service was great, had a nice table location and we really had a nice visit . . and we will definitely be going back for more. Pricing was also reasonable.

4 Thank miamimama_7

Marlboro
“Amazing Dining Experience!”
Reviewed January 3, 2008

A friend had advised me that this new restaurant had amazing food and drinks. The outside of the place was warm and inviting and the inside was decorated beautifully. The hostess immediately seated us with a friendly smile. The waitress was helpful, friendly, and offered excellent suggestions. I had to try the stuffed eggplant appetizer. It was the best eggplant I've ever had and coming from an Italian family, that's saying a lot. It was actually fried and rolled up, with a yummy ricotta filling. For dinner, I ordered the Chicken Campagna, a dish I'd never had before. It was delicious, and served with a huge side of homemade pasta. You could definitely tell it was homemade as it had a much better taste than any regular pasta. My friend ordered the pan seared scallops and said that it was without a doubt the best scallops he'd ever had - not overdone and rubbery like at so many other places, but tender and tasty. We ended the evening with a decadent slice of chocolate cake. We'll definitely be back, as I've been spoiled!!!

3 Thank Brzmom
Central Mass
“No return for this holiday group!”
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I visited Allora with a group of co-workers (8) for our annual holiday gathering. With a reservation, it took 20 minutes for us to be seated. We were greeted by our waitress with the statement "I am helping in the next room with a party of 60 and I'll pay as much attention to you as I can". Well, maybe they should have staffed the restaurant better for their party of 60 and maybe they should train their employees not to say such a thing to customers. The food was not top notch. The caesar salads lacked the fresh parmesan cheese. The scallops I had were extremely salty and I was able to eat the Italian orzo and escarole, but pushed the scallops aside. Bread was at a minimum, as our waitress explained, but she stated "I scrambled up enough for each of you to have one piece". Where might she have scrambled it from? The service was below standards and the food was not up to the reviews that were read prior to our visit. My co-workers agreed that this group will not return.

1 Thank pennyCentralMass
Boston
“One of my new favorite restaurants”
Reviewed October 26, 2007

We will definitely come here again. We ate outside on the deck. They have a really nice selection of wines. I had the portabella mushroom app with pork tenderloin for dinner. The risotto was amazing. We really liked the atmosphere - upscale but comfortable. Good service. And to top it off, they easily accomodated my gluten-free diet. We will be back!

2 Thank charl0tte73
boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“marlboro needs this place”
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Don't now wear to start the patio,food,atmosphere,service . This place hase it all. I had a dish called sea food allora ,it came in a big frying pan, it very good. My wife had the best strip steak she ever had. Don't know if we just got lucky. When i try again i'll let every one know.

1 Thank tony100