“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
East Amherst, New York
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

this was a great place to stay, had excellent full breakfast. nice quiet place to stay, also great list of tv channels, the best part of the stay was the room was really spacious almost like an apartment style with fireplace that you could turn on that made it feel really at home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Marriott's Residence Inn is a well-established and highly-regarded brand. For good reason. The Marlborough Residence Inn lived up to the chain's reputation.

Travelling with our dog, we had a spacious room, a large kitchenette, comfortable bed and good work space. The manager's reception offered hamburgers and hot dogs (at no extra fee), while the pool area was clean and inviting. We only stayed for one day, but my other experiences with Residence Inns have been for a week or so. For stays of that period or longer, the Residence Inn probably has no rivals.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here from 8/24-8/28 for an ice skating boot camp. The hotel and room was clean. The staff was very pleasant and always seemed to be smiling and willing to be accomodating.
I had a room at the end of the 2nd floor by the steps and it was very quiet. The room was very comfortable. It was a studio set up and the tv was able to swivel between the couch and the bed. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate (love those waffles).

The only negative was that the chlorine in the air at the pool was a bit hard to take.

We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
DC
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Drove in - our 8-1/2-hour trip became over 11 hours. Arrived at 8 pm; staff was welcoming and helpful. Room was exactly what I needed, clean and comfortable. Furnishings are older (frayed arms, etc.) but comfortable.

Breakfast buffet was excellent. The staff quickly replenished or replaced anything that even looked old, cold, or less than great. The prep team was pleasant and cheerful.

My only problem was that while we noted ahead of time there were three of us, and reiterated upon checkin, there were only two sets of towels provided. I guess if I ran a hotel, I wouldn't want to put extras in every room, but when three adults check in, the extras should be automatic. I shouldn't have to ask.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Drove from Indpls, IN to Marlborough (or Marlboro) in one 16 hour stretch. needless to say, i was ready for a break. The decor in the lobby was updated and nice. Check in was a breeze, and I arrived just in time for the nightly social.....nacho night! Had a room on the 4th floor (421). I made the mistake of flopping on the bed. Almost broke my back. Very firm bed; however, since I had a such a long day, i slept like a champ (i tend to prefer softer beds). The hotel is right across the street from a hugh mall. Plenty of shopping available. The mall had a food court, but we hit the olive garden. Typical olive garden, nothing special. The rooms were updated nicely as well. As with all residence inns, the free breakfast was available, and typical of what you've experienced at other residence inns. Very good. If you're going to Boston, save the extra $$ and stay here. Boston is just a short drive away. Without thinking twice, I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Forest Hills, NY
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I’m a Gold Elite member of Marriott Rewards. I stay 50+ nights per year in Marriott properties as well as countless nights in other hotels. I think I know a thing or two about hotels, staff and the like. The Marlboro location is nice in that it has been updated and furnished accordingly. The problems I ran into were with a staff that was either trying too hard or not trying at all. Midnight check ins are never a fun thing, but they happen. Having a reception of “I’ve been waiting for you all night, WELCOME” is nice. However, to then have a room that is contrary to my profile was disappointing. If you really were waiting all night, you should know that. The second room provided was fine, but right next to the dumpster which is LOUD when the trash is picked up- so watch out if you have a 02 or 04 room. The city of Marlborough decided to work on their water pipes and thus from 6am-11am the hot water was dirt brown and smelled bad. I realize that this is out of the hands of the hotel. However, if people call the front desk asking about it either answer the phone or provide an answer/update to your customers. If you know people are still in their rooms- as I was, let them know when things clear up. My stay at this location was bookended with staff who need to be trained to put themselves in the shoes of their customers. To gain a better understanding of what is important to the business or recreational traveler. A smile and good attitude are indeed important, but are worthless if there is no empathy or understanding. Will this keep me from coming back? No. Will it leave a sour taste in my mouth and cause me to post a negative review? What do you think?

Room Tip: Get a room away from the dumpster on the back end of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
mikeegan122569, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you recently experienced at our Residence Inn Marlborough.
We strive to provide exceptional service as you recognized due to the mention of the associate who greeted you upon arrival and the note of smiling faces and good attitudes.
This particular situation was out of our control and is not typical of the product we provide - our focus is to ensure that each guest's experience is a positive one and one that they feel compelled to share and tell stories about. I will speak with all team members here at the hotel and use your comments as a training tool to promote stronger communition and a more pro active approach to situations such as this.
We have made note of the trash pickup situation and have taken action by contacting our vendor and scheduling pick ups later in the day so that there is no interruption / inconvenience to our guest's overall experience.
We thank you for your comments and appreciate the opportunity of having you stay with us again in the future so that you may witness first hand that your concerns have been addressed.

At your service,

-The Residence Inn Marlborough Team-
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 2, 2012

While on business in New England, I stayed at four hotels--this was the best of them all. Clean rooms, excellent front desk service from Carole, the night auditor, and Brittney during the daylight hours.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business