“Big menu, okay experience”

Stephen Anthony's Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 153 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Big menu, okay experience”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've had both breakfasts and lunches here. They are open for dinner but I've never been in the area at that time of day to give that meal a try. A good sized menu but it never seems that they have enough servers. As a result, you can wait for initial contact, for food delivery and to get the check. Nonetheless, good basic food. They have a beautiful spot and tables in the back overlook a pond that is well-stocked with water fowl. At one point last year, there was an eagle which visited regularly...both customers and staff went out to take pictures! Between breakfast and lunch I'd say that the earlier meal was consistently their better effort.

Visited November 2012

Maynard, Massachusetts
“Nice place to take the family”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stumbled across this place while taking a Sunday drive. It's a cute little area of shops, restaurant, candy shop, bakery, and edilble delights (the fruit bouquet place), and a general store. Prices for any and all are reasonable. I will agree with the rest that there is a wait. But, where the food is good; there will be many waiting for it. I've had a positive experience each time I've gone and I took my mother-in-law once. She loved it! 91, she is. DO: expect a wait, especially for Sunday breakfast. be patient, the staff can only wait on their assigned tables. and check out the lake in the back yard. DON'T: take a snobby attitude (unless you are snobby. If that's the case, go to the Wayside Inn), oh, all in good fun. The kids will love the candy shop, so will you. The baked goods are out of this world and totally fresh! Plan to spend the better part of 2 hours taking in all they have to offer.

• Visited July 2012
Sudbury, MA
“OK, but not great”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have been going to Stephen Anthony's for going on 25 years, and recently I have to say that the quality of service has slipped. We normally go for breakfast, and in the past I felt their coffee was excellent, but our recent breakfast there did not live up to previous trips. The service was slow, the coffee was OK, but not great, and steak tips were not marinated to their usual flavor. All in all, not bad, but not up to reputation.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank KGR1951
Cincinnati
“Waited, Waited, It's Packed and You Wonder Why?”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We got up early on Sunday morning, drove 30 miles the opposite way to work and our expectations where High! The owner of the company we were working for, referred this restaurant, because of the maple sausage. We waited in line for a while, but decided to sit at the bar, because we had to be to work. The waitress was inattentive, looked like we were an inconvenience, BUT since we were already there, thus committed, we stayed. We finally got her attention to order. After thirty minutes, the food came, the Maple Sausage was good, the eggs, potatoes were cold and we just wanted to get to work. The prices for what you receive are high, but when there's a line out the door, I personally don't think they care.

• Visited November 2012
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Food was good, but.........”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Four of us went to Stephen Anthony's Saturday night around 7 pm. The food was good but.....the booth next to us was waited on as soon as the party sat down, even though we had been waiting for over 5 minutes to see her. We ordered pink lemonade - out of pink lemonade. We ordered maple chicken wings - out of chicekn wings. We ordered orange drink - more soda than orange in it so that was sent back. One silverware set had no spoon and the knife was sticky with a thumb print on it. The waitress was friendly enough, but I don't like being referedd to as "you guys" . "How are you guys doing'. "Is everyting OK guys". "Anythinkg else I can get you guys". "Have a nice evening guys". I almost said to her that two of us are not guys.

• Visited October 2012