“Amazing place for breakfast”

Stephen Anthony's Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 152 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
“Amazing place for breakfast”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The only problem is it gets so busy the lines get too long. The food is definately worth it, get there early!

• Visited July 2012

Groton, Massachusetts
“Always delicious”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I love this place for a weekend brunch. They're good for lunch and dinner, but for me it's all about the brunch. They do have a bit of a limited menu, but are very open to substitutions. Wait staff is always friendly and helpful. They make their own sausage, in a couple of varieties-it is very good. Their biscuits are melt in your mouth good. There were 4 of us on Sunday. Got there around 12:30 and only had to wait about 15 minutes. Waitress came by right away with coffee. I, of course, ordered the Country Benedict. With some changes. I requested bacon instead of ham-no problem. Their hollandaise sauce is delicious. I sometimes will order extra, but really, it's not necessary. 2 of our group ordered the fruit pancakes, and loved them. Just enough fruit, and fluffy. Our 4th ordered an omelet from the daily specials. There was so much, she ended up with a take-home box. All of us walked away with happy and full stomachs! Fair warning-be prepared for a long wait anytime before noon.

• Visited March 2012
Boston
“Very poor hospitality...no effort to please customers.”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This restaurant came recommended to us by some friends, and we gave it a few tries without being overly impressed. It seemed to be much more hyped up than deserved. Unfortunately, our most recent visit became our final visit due to an overall bad experience.

My husband ordered the day's special omelet: Jambalaya. The description stated that the omelet was filled with shrimp and other tasty things. After quite a long wait, we finally got our food. He started into the omelet, and after many bites without shrimp, checked out the inside. There were just two tiny pieces of shrimp in the omelet. We are not the type of people to complain or send food back to a kitchen, but we decided to tell our server. The server listened to us, and said that she would let the manager know. After another long wait, the manager came over to us, and we filled him in. He said knew that he would, "speak to his kitchen staff" about it. That was it. After all that, we thought that maybe they'd send out a few extra shrimp to add to the omelet, or knock a few dollars off the bill...but nothing.

Stephen Anthony's clearly doesn't care about the quality of the food they serve, or about amending their mistakes and pleasing their customers. Don't waste your time.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Daisy713
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Stay away!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have given this place several chances to improve but now I will never return. The last few times I visited this place the service has been consistently awful. The first visit our server took our order, and then came back 45 minutes later to tell us the kitchen never received it, She made no attempt to reduce our bill or anything to make up for it. Next time we went there our server dropped an entire pile of plates on our table. Final time there we waited 30 minutes for a table, waited another 15 before our server greeted us.
There is always a wait, the food is overpriced and the service is horrible. With so many other GOOD places to eat in the area I will never return to this one.

• Visited January 2012
hudson
“and it's all down hill from here ...”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have been eating here for many many years now, and this is why I kept coming back after each bad experience. Sadly the last time we ate here – will be the very last time we eat there. The only thing consistent about Stephen Anthony's these days is the bad service and filthy maple syrup tables. I’m fairly certain the dish washer is blind as you never get clean silverware or glasses – the wait staff is forever harried and treat you as though you woke them from a sound sleep in the middle of the night and forced them to cook you breakfast.
On our last visit – post the obligatory sending back of our dirty utensils – and the waitress extremely curtly taking our order our food came abnormally fast – because it wasn’t what we ordered at all. I politely agreed to keep this wrong dish since it was somewhat close to my order– but requested that the waitress please just bring me the well done maple sausage I requested as well - sadly for my husband he had to send back his blueberry pancakes because he prefers them without HAIR. When the waitress walked by again 15 minutes later – me still without the sausage and my now ice cold eggs congealing in front of me – and my husband still with no replacement hair free pancakes... I stopped her to say, “will my husband’s pancakes be much longer, and could I please get my well done sausages as well” – her response “What sausages” needless to say at this point I was more than ticked off since this is now going on the third time I’m ordering them. I very politely attempted to explain her mistake and she wanted no part of the conversation, instead cutting me off to tell me how she has a larger party and WALKED AWAY – my husband and I left the cold eggs on the table and walked out – good job Stephen Anthony's – you managed to lose a customer who has been eating there for close to 25 years.

• Visited May 2011