“Great Thai Food”

Cuisines: French, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Chez Siam is probably my favorite restaurant in Marlborough. My wife and I come here often and have never had anything we didn't like. We typically stick to pad thai (or basil pad thai) or fried rice, but we've also brought several people visiting us who've tried various other things and all have said it's good including some of our more food snobbish friends. I see other people complain about the service in some reviews, but I really have no idea what they're talking about. The service has always been friendly and incredibly fast with us.

1  Thank tankisapug

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Their Tom Yum soup is fabulous as well as their Pad Thai! Love the fact they have Jasmine Tea, for many Asian Restaurants do not offer and it is SO good! Wich the service was a bit more friendly and restaurant a bit nicer inside. But for Thai food it is well worth the visit!

1  Thank JacksonRandall
Reviewed February 18, 2012

all thai food delivered hot on time cooked to own taste hot or not sohot the wine list is a plus also beer i liked the warm atmosphere n friendly service

1  Thank banjong h
Reviewed April 1, 2011

My boyfriend and I ate here and I have to say I was not impressed. We arrived a bit earlier than we usually like to eat (4:30pm) and noticed the restaurant was closed until 5pm. Its open until two or something for lunch then apparently closes for a few hours until dinner service which starts at 5pm. They unlocked the door at around 5 past five. We were told to "sit anywhere" which we did and a waitress brought us over some menus. We decided to try the appetizer (cant remember the exact name) which was six TINY triangles filled with chicken, potato and seasonings accompanied by a sweet clear dipping sauce infused with diced cucumbers, red peppers and red onions. It was very good, but it came out in a flash. We ordered it and it literally came out in less than 3 mins. That def made me think. For the price, it was okay tho. For dinner I had the sweet and sour chicken which was flavorful and was clearly made with fresh vegetables but it was extremely syrupy. My boyfriend ordered the yellow curry with calamari. It was AWFUL! The smell and taste reminded me of a dirty restroom....not that ive tasted a dirty restroom but it smelled very ammonia like. It was listed as spicy and was not. Again, the meals came super fast. We finished our appetizer and had our dinner in literally five minutes. It made me wonder if they cook the food between lunch and dinner and just reheat it to serve??? Or perhaps leftovers from lunch service? The waitress was friendly. The prices were reasonable although I was tempted to ask for a refund on the yellow curry. The atmosphere is nice, fresh carnations on the tables. Good service, poor quality of food.

1  Thank LePurr
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I have never found a Thai restaurant as good. I have been going here for years and would recommend it to anyone. The Basil Pad Thai, Pineapple Fried Rice and Chicken Gra Prao are out of this world. Do yourself a favor and give this place a chance!