“Good Food, Friendly , Attentive Staff”

Bolton Street Tavern
Ranked #58 of 152 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Friendly , Attentive Staff”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We ate here on a Wed night, good crowd for a Wed night
we were seated right away, nicely remodeled place
Waitress came right over for drink order and said while we were looking over our menus', brought fresh baked bread and told us about the specials.

we had the fish sandwich and a chicken pannini, both tasty

Fish was friend, but, not heavy or greasy

New coffee was made for us.

There was enough attention, in case we needed someting, but, not overly done.

Will go back there often, as all of the dinners and sandwiches around us looked very tempting.

• Visited May 2013

“Non-existent customer service, average food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was there with a friend and her daughter. The restaurant was full and very noisy, and our waitress spoke in a tiny voice that we couldn't hear at all. We received no kids menu, our waitress was completely inattentive. The food was meh - nothing special. My friend had the chicken broccoli ziti and said it was good; I had a bacon cheeseburger that was greasy and about average. The sweet potato fries were pretty good but again about average. We were there for much longer than we had expected because it took so long to get our waitress' attention, particularly when it came time to get our check. While we were trying to get her attention some older man came over and didn't identify himself at all but I assume he was a manager, and asked how our meal was. We said it was ok and we were trying to get our check, and he just walked away.

No one we encountered had here had every heard of customer service... For the price, I could find dozens of other places to go and get better food and better service. I won't be going back.

Boston
“Worst Mother's Day Brunch Ever!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I used to frequent this restaurant when it was the Piccadilly Pub, so I was excited to see that a new restaurant had opened up at the same location. And when I found out they were offering a Mother’s Day Brunch, I figured I would give the new place (Bolton Street Tavern) a try. As I soon found out, however, this was a BIG mistake.

When we arrived, they already had our table for 19 ready and sat us quickly. This, however, was the ONLY bright spot. From there, our experience went completely downhill. They were only offering a limited menu in addition to an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet, so you would think they would be able to quickly prepare the food – and for $9.99 for kids meals (chicken fingers & fries), you would think they would ensure the kids were fed quickly too. This was NOT the case.

While many of us ordered the buffet, 6 of us ordered off the limited menu. The result – both groups had a horrible experience. We waited in line for 10 minutes to get to the buffet, and when we got there, they were completely out of food! It took another 10-15 minutes before they replenished the buffet, and it was definitely not worth the wait. The selection was small – honestly for $19.99 I expected more – and the food was not even that good (as my son said, “This was definitely NOT worth $19.99!”)

Even worse, those who ordered off the menu waited 45 minutes to get their meals – including 2 small children!!! By the time their food arrived, all of us that had gotten the buffet were done! So much for eating a meal together…. While we did complain, the wait staff could have cared less, and in the end, no one was in the mood to ruin our day by arguing with them. So, while we paid the bill in full (and left a proper tip), we will NEVER be back. Its too bad, as I used to like that restaurant….

2 Thank jmacBoston
Clare
“Spacious Venue with Fabulous Food & Service”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Fabulous, Tasty food served efficiently at a great price. My husband and I went on holiday to both New York and Boston and found the Bolton Street Tavern impressed us both with it's food and atmosphere. Warm welcome, great view from the spacious seating available, fantastic choice on the menu at very reasonable prices. We live in Ireland and I work in the hospitality industry so it is second nature to me to take extra notice. It was very busy and everyone was dining which is a good sign the food must be good. As we were hungry, the friendly waiter advised the Potachoes as a starter between us. Boy, was he right! We had never heard or tasted them before. It was sliced potato chips topped with melted cheese, bacon & scallions with sour cream & salsa on the side - Fantastic. My husband ordered the Steak, cooked medium/rare which was cooked to his liking along with Veg & Chips. I ordered the Healthy Haddock with Veg & Potatoes. Both dishes were good decent portions, were hot and extremely tasty. Thank goodness, we shared the starter as we had just enough room to finish our main course and fully enjoy both. Due to the atmosphere in the bar, we decided to stay for a drink. While there we met the owner John, the manager Frankie & the real boss Hillary Anne along with many locals. The staff were engaging with all customers along with being very efficient at serving both food and drinks. As we say in Ireland - the Craic was mighty and it was late into the night before we left. Thanks to all at the Bolton Street Tavern for giving us a very enjoyable dining experience and night out. The Irish couple from Clare - Up the Banner!!

• Visited April 2013
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Poor service, mediocre food - don't waste your money”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were excited to try the new restaurant that had taken over the former Piccadilly Pub location, but as the evening wore on, we were less and less impressed. Had a short wait to be seated, which was to be expected for a Friday evening. Ordered the soup of the day, which took about 20 minutes to arrive. Reason? They had run out of the soup, so they had to make a fresh batch. Very nice gesture, but had I known, I might have chosen to skip the soup. Meanwhile, we were not offered bread or anything else to munch on. Dinner finally arrived about 45 minutes after we were seated. Everything was piping hot - but we had no utensils!! Had to wait for the waitress to arrive (dinner was served by another staff person) - she apologized and went somewhere (far away, apparently) to retrieve the utensils, which were neatly wrapped in napkins. If the utensils are wrapped, why are they not on the tables when being set for new patrons? There are cute little plates on the tables, but not sure why they are there. One dinner ordered was the Lobster Mac 'n Cheese - but no cheese could be found! Seriously! When brought to the waitress's attention, she said it was on the bottom, and would we like her to sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top? Huh? Anyway, as we continued eating, we kept looking for the cheese - nope, it wasn't there. Later, when again brought to her attention, she said the kitchen staff was having a bad day (you will, too, if you choose to eat here!). My dinner was the Chicken Broccoli Ziti - a watered down, flavorless meal, with big hunks of broccoli and slabs of chicken. Well, both dinners were piping hot at least! The waitress had to be asked for a refill of our drinks, which came in a reasonably quick fashion, compared to the rest of our meal. She delivered the bill quickly (the speediest part of the whole meal) - ah, but the credit card machine wasn't working, so they had to resort to the old-fashioned method of imprinting the credit card on a bill. The waitress apologized (half-heartedly) a couple of times during the dinner, but I think she just didn't know what to do. This restaurant had a soft opening a month ago, and their grand opening a week ago - and there are still problems? I wish them well, for they are going to need it. I won't be back there again. Prices here are not cheap, I would expect better food and service for my money.