“greasy expensive buffet”

Tandoori Grill
Ranked #21 of 152 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indian Cuisine Serving Vegetarian And Non Vegetarian Dishes. Also Serving Halal Dishes, Vegan As Well As Gluten Free Dishes. We Also Cater Food.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

went for the dinner buffet. all items were either deep fried or floating in oil. These include the vegetable fritters, medu vadas (if you can call them that), eggplant, kadhi, chikcen korma. The methi chicken and saag paneer were edible but were made in heavy cream. Naans were like rubber. Tandoori chicken was so, so. They had vegetable biryani with paneer (yes that was also deep fried). Chola had more oil than water. Kheer was acceptable but gulab jamuns were rock hard and probably at least 2 weeks old. We got the shock of our life when we saw the check that was for $20 a buffet. One of the worst buffet we ever had.

2  Thank sangoy

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Fantastic food, great service and family owned! The owners (one is the chef) are there each night making sure everything is perfect. I travel to Marlborough often and have eaten here several times. I order off the menu for dinner as I have dined when the dinner buffet is available. Always cooked to order, tender meat, great spices, big portions and the chef has prepared several special requests.

Lunch buffet is great and VERY reasonably priced! A must if you are in Malborough...

Shocked to see other than glowing reviews. Not fair at all and I bet the reviewers did not like Indian food.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had business lunch here with a colleague from India. We all took the food from buffet. There were couple of things presented in one row, fried vegetables, spicy chicken, eggplant, their famous bread, which was pretty good and much much more. It tasted really good. Our friend from India gave a rating 8 out of 10 for the taste :-) .. allthough it is less spicy than in india to suit western people. We had a mango drinks called Lassi I think, which was good.

The design, furnitures, presentation is nothing really special, benches were worn. I missed somehow a kind of indian ambient. Also the tables were very close back to back, we had to squeeze through to get to the buffet. So, probably less would be more here, remove some tables and get some decoration inside. Lower the ceiling, which likely improves the look. However it is clean, the tables were nicely decorated.

Overall, I'm a bit reluctant to say it was very good. Average would be more realistic. But the food is good though and worth a visit. Will come back again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Having left the UK over a year ago to set up home here in the US, the only (and I mean only) thing we miss is authentic Indian food. The Tandoori Grill is without doubt the best we have found so far!! I’m not a buffet fan, so can’t honestly comment, but I can tell you that the Ginger Chilly (chili) Chicken and Dhaba Lamb Curry are as good as some Manchester based curry houses – and if you know curries, then enough said. In both, the flavour, the heat, the tender fresh meat – superb!! Also small things make a difference and having been lucky enough to visit India on holiday (vacation) I can say that the Garlic Naan is as close to TRUE Indian bread as I have found, thin, crsip, yet soft – actually beating the best of the best in Rusholme!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Firstly, it was nice to eat Indian food for a change during my 2 week visit to Boston. The was a lot variety offered in the Buffet and the food was delicious.