“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were on our way back from the Cape Sunday night and decided we were hungry enough to peel off 495 and look for a restaurant. Exit 24 East on 20. With the help of Yelp app we found Welly's on Main St in Marlboro MA. A vintage block downtown. Calm atmosphere, old wood, lovely waitstaff and nice music. We could hear each other. No loud clutter. The acoustics were great. Now the best part...the food was fantastic. My wife had a chicken Cesar salad type dish and I had a baked chicken florentine dish with red sauce and linguini. Very nice and well worth the short side trip on the way back to NH.

There are newer reviews for Welly's Restaurant

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went to Welly's on January 18, 2014. We were greeted by friendly staff and made to feel right at home. The atmosphere is perfect and homey. The Chicken Saltimbacca was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. The Lindsey Haddock was also cook perfectly and delicious. You know Welly's only uses the the freshest ingriedients. The portion sides were perfect. We will be returing to Welly's and highly recommend it.

1  Thank lieutcou
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently returned to Marlborough to visit family and went to dinner at Welly's. As I remembered the food was topnotch. I had beef stew and potatoes and it was just like I made it at home.
Strongly receommend Welly's!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Going with and "average" rating. My dish was excellent, I had the scallop special, my husband had the shrimp- the flavors were there, unfortunately, the shrimp were overcooked. The margarita I had was all sour mix, yuck! Service was average. So, if you just go for the scallops you'll be very pleased.

2  Thank Igypsy
Reviewed August 16, 2013

First time impression was good. I stopped in after an appointment I had in the area.
I sat at the bar an ordered something simple... a bacon cheddar burger medium well and a draft beer. The burger was perfect. the fries were good also...not greasy.
The bacon was crispy and cooked perfectly. I was even surprised by the quality and taste of the bun. Not the usual bun I would expect.
Atmosphere was very good. fairly quiet, not loud considering there were about 10 customers.
The bill was less than $20.00 including tip.
My only suggestion is to the young man who was tending the bar. Not once did he ask me
"how is everything?" I probably would consider returning if I am in the area.

1  Thank Frank716