“YUM”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Going with and "average" rating. My dish was excellent, I had the scallop special, my husband had the shrimp- the flavors were there, unfortunately, the shrimp were overcooked. The margarita I had was all sour mix, yuck! Service was average. So, if you just go for the scallops you'll be very pleased.

2  Thank Igypsy

Reviewed August 16, 2013

First time impression was good. I stopped in after an appointment I had in the area.
I sat at the bar an ordered something simple... a bacon cheddar burger medium well and a draft beer. The burger was perfect. the fries were good also...not greasy.
The bacon was crispy and cooked perfectly. I was even surprised by the quality and taste of the bun. Not the usual bun I would expect.
Atmosphere was very good. fairly quiet, not loud considering there were about 10 customers.
The bill was less than $20.00 including tip.
My only suggestion is to the young man who was tending the bar. Not once did he ask me
"how is everything?" I probably would consider returning if I am in the area.

1  Thank Frank716
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a small, quaint pub-style restaurant in downtown. We went there during the lull between lunch and dinner, and so were one of only three parties eating there at the time--with a few others at the bar. The bartender was doing double-duty at the bar and in the dining room. Our lunches were good--the reuben and cheeseburger, respectively. Once 4 o'clock rolled around, three more employees arrived, and then our service greatly improved. The prices are average, and their bar offerings seemed to be fairly extensive. It's a nice place to stop for lunch; we would go there again.

1  Thank B R
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Welly's is a great little restaurant -- we have eaten there for lunch and dinner and have enjoyed everything. They have a full and varied menu and every meal has been excellent. Nice atmosphere and service too. Reasonable prices. Good kids menu.

1  Thank MAsunlover
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent two days of the July 4th weekend in Southern Maine. As those of us who have driven to points north on a July 4th weekend know, the traffic can be (and usually is a bit of a challenge!

We elected to return on I 495 which turned out to be a good plan. We were in the Marlborough, MA area and elected to eat dinner. My significant other checked some menus on line and discovered a restaurant in Marlborough named Welly's. Apparently, the restaurant was opened in 2009. The two chefs who collaborated on this adventure decided to creative the best restaurant in Marlborough according to the menu.

We were pleasantly surprised. The decor was pub like but appealing. The service was quite good. The food was also very good. I enjoyed a cup of chowder (white). The main course was a concoction of shrimp, squid and mussels in a white sauce.

My significant other had a Greek salad with chicken.

We both enjoyed our meals and will return if in the area.

1  Thank Steve i