“Good food and overall atmosphere”
Review of Welly's Restaurant

Welly's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 163 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a small, quaint pub-style restaurant in downtown. We went there during the lull between lunch and dinner, and so were one of only three parties eating there at the time--with a few others at the bar. The bartender was doing double-duty at the bar and in the dining room. Our lunches were good--the reuben and cheeseburger, respectively. Once 4 o'clock rolled around, three more employees arrived, and then our service greatly improved. The prices are average, and their bar offerings seemed to be fairly extensive. It's a nice place to stop for lunch; we would go there again.

1  Thank B R

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Welly's is a great little restaurant -- we have eaten there for lunch and dinner and have enjoyed everything. They have a full and varied menu and every meal has been excellent. Nice atmosphere and service too. Reasonable prices. Good kids menu.

1  Thank MAsunlover
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent two days of the July 4th weekend in Southern Maine. As those of us who have driven to points north on a July 4th weekend know, the traffic can be (and usually is a bit of a challenge!

We elected to return on I 495 which turned out to be a good plan. We were in the Marlborough, MA area and elected to eat dinner. My significant other checked some menus on line and discovered a restaurant in Marlborough named Welly's. Apparently, the restaurant was opened in 2009. The two chefs who collaborated on this adventure decided to creative the best restaurant in Marlborough according to the menu.

We were pleasantly surprised. The decor was pub like but appealing. The service was quite good. The food was also very good. I enjoyed a cup of chowder (white). The main course was a concoction of shrimp, squid and mussels in a white sauce.

My significant other had a Greek salad with chicken.

We both enjoyed our meals and will return if in the area.

1  Thank Steve i
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My son wanted to take me to lunch on Mother's Day and asked me to pick a place. I wanted to try someplace I hadn't been and found out about Welly's online. As soon as we walked in, we were impressed with the decor and atmosphere. We knew we found a special place before we were even seated! The service was great, the food was amazing yet reasonable!!! Looking forward to going back to Welly's with my husband and my son plans on going back too. I will recommend to friends and co-workers.

2  Thank dem464
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went to Welly's for the first time on a 'girls night out'. It is a warm, friendly place with an extensive menu. The wait staff was excellent - the perfect combination of being attentive and invisible. Welly's prices are excellent and they were willing to make a dish to order for me from different things on the menu. The only drawback - and this is a minor one - is that they do not yet have a full liquor license. This resulted in a limited selection of beverages. All of the girls liked Welly's - we'll be back!

1  Thank Kathryn978