“Excellent Food but Still Needs Some Service Refinement”
Review of Sorentos Italian Gourmet & Bar - CLOSED

Sorentos Italian Gourmet & Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our second visit to Sorentos. On both occasions we used a Groupon without an issue. As in our previous visit the food was excellent. We shared a Sabzi salad which was very good and plenty to share. I had the Scallops Florentine which was delicious with plenty of scallops!! Enough that it made for a nice lunch the next day. The Seafood Risotto for my wife was also very good, and just as good the next day for lunch. Two very good choices!! We both had a glass of wine with dinner and was very satisfied over the price and pour quantity.

Overall the service was OK. The waitress was nice but could of been a little more friendly. She just did not seem to be having any fun at all with her job. More effort or at least try faking it. My last critique was that we no sooner finished our salad and our meals were served. Zero time in between to enjoy the dinning.

Overall, the food is what makes this place. To move to the next level, a friendlier atmosphere needs to be created

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Since we purchased a $40 coupon for $20 we felt for the price it was worth the visit. It wasn't worth the $20. We were served an oil dip with some unknown black stuff that looked like a ball of tar. It did not taste well, so we just ate the rolls which were nice and warm. We each ordered a salad. My wife had the Caeser while I had the insalata. They were both very good, but that was as far as it went. My wife had the chicken parm while I had the eggplant and linguine. The chicken was not breaded and was merely 2 pieces with some sauce and cheese and average at best. My eggplant was mushy and not nice and crisp. Both dishes had way to much pasta. The service was attentive but slow even though there were only a few patrons. Without the coupon both meals alone totaled $42. Suffice to say this would be our one and only visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We ordered Soltani Kebob which includes a Shish Kebob and ground beef Kebob in which both were terrible because the Kebib was supposed to made out of Fillet or Tendor part of beef which in this case wass not and it was overcooked. It was expensive pay $22 per dish.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Pros - Bright and clean restaurant; Table spacing is good; menu have a broad selection of Italian, Persian and American type fare (sandwiches, etc.). Taste of food is wonderful - pasta is al dente, the sauces were rich and satisfying, the serving size is plentiful. Scallops in prosciutto are great. The Italian Wedding Soup is unusual and tasty. Service initially looked promising. Delivery of check to table is timed well.
Cons: Service was spotty. No bread/oil delivered to the table. Delivery of appetizers and main dishes was bunched together. Requests for items lagged. The bar with the big screen TV's was distracting.
It could be a 4 but this visit was a 3.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We came here on a Friday night because we had a Restaurant.com certificate. We had been driving all day (coming down from up North to visit a friend in the area) and this was the perfect dinner to feed our hungry, tired selves. My boyfriend ordered a whiskey and ginger (very strong) and I ordered a soda. Our drinks arrived quickly. I ordered the chicken parmesan for dinner and he ordered the ribeye. I did notice that we never received a bread basket and oil for our table, despite noticing that other tables around us did (even those who had the same waitress as us). I don't know if there was a specific reason or our waitress just forgot, but we didn't bring it up as we were just burnt out from the long drive. The chicken parmesan (served with angel hair) was DELICIOUS, seasoned with fresh basil and something else delicious. My boyfriend's ribeye was alright... the sauce served with it was slightly too vinegar-y and was served with what looked and tasted like McDonald's fries. The sauce ran on to them, making them rather soggy as a result. I think the dish would have been greatly improved by being served with mashed potatoes. For dessert, we ordered the chocolate mousse cake which was delicious and had a great texture. Also: there was a candle at our table, but it wasn't lit for us despite us being a couple and having a 9 PM dinner?