“A local gem!”

Cuisines: Italian, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been a fan of Sorento's ever since it opened. Great varied Italian - Persian menu with good vegetarian options. Also, wonderful owner and staff. They will accommodate your food needs. I usually have a delicious salad - and then a veggie option. Great fresh vegetable choices. My son loves their fish selections and beef also. GO LOCAL!! Forget those chain places. Try this restaurant for sure. Very nice bar and atmosphere. Reasonable prices for quality food.

1  Thank LeonaMass

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had a lovely meal here, large "insalate" salad, and the scallops florentine was very well done. Fair wine selection and a great wait staff made this a very nice place to eat a relaxing meal with a friend. They also had a 3 piece jazz band in the bar which was a nice addition. Enjoy

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I don't understand the negative reviews. We have eaten here 3 times before tonight and always had a good meal and service. Tonight was no exception. The host seated us at our reserved table right away. Donna, our server, came over within a couple of minutes for our drink order, which came out promptly. The bread was delicious.

We then had the Sabzi salad which was excellent with just the right amount of a delicious homemade dressing.

For the main course I had the chicken parm and it was great. Its true that they don't bread it, but that was all the better for me since I'm watching my calories. The cheese was browned perfectly and the sauce was excellent. My wife had the seafood risotto and ate all of it. The scallops were large and succulent, the shrimp flavorful and tasty. On previous occasions we have tried the Persian menu and have enjoyed the food.

The service continued to be excellent and we complimented our waitress.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

One of my best friends and I have met here for dinner twice over the past few weeks and each time been so happy! On both occasions the service was so kind, at the bar over a glass of wine, and at the table once we sat for dinner. I've ordered the steak (rib eye) and fries and the most delicious calzone. My friend has had the veal Marsala and mushroom ravioli, which I tasted both, and we loved them all! It's has a much better and modern decor to it's alternative down the street which we've also tried and we think the service was far more friendly.
Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had made reservations for 4 people for 8 p.m. Needless to say we were unable to get a cocktail until 8 :45 p.m. in which I took one sip and was immediately turned off. To make sure it wasn't just me being sensitive to alcohol, I had my husband and friends try it as well. Nope...it wasn't me. DISGUSTING! When we were finally seated at our table, more like "dropped off" at our table seeing the host didn't even say "your waitress will be right with you." We sat around waiting for someone to acknowledge us at our table for 15 minutes! My husbands wine glass was incredibly dirty...and I don't mean just fingerprints. More like food clumps. GROSS! When our waitress finally decided to show up, we asked if there were any specials. No specials? I have never been to a restaurant before that didn't have specials! When we looked at the appetizers, we saw Scallop Wrapped Prosciutto for $11. WOW! Now that takes talent if a chef can wrap prosciutto in a scallop. The waitress didn't even know her own menu! When we proceeded to order appetizers, her response was "That's on the menu?" When she left our table, we wanted to talk with a manager but there was absolutely no one to be found! We all decided rather than our evening turning into a complete disaster to seek dinner elsewhere! I brought back my drink to the bartender and told her we were going to another restaurant. We weren't going to give this restaurant a chance seeing "customers spend a lot of money when dining" and I'm not going to bother with a place who obviously doesn't know how to run a proper business. We could just see our evening going completely down hill. It went from bad to ugly from the moment we stepped into Sorentos. Thank Goodness we decided upon Bistro Limocello Restaurant in Northborough. It certainly turned a nightmare evening into a dream.

2  Thank Bakenight