“Very good food, reasonable price”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 160 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Check out the clam chowder and the steaks! It is really great. The team of waitresses is a bit freaky but very polite, friendly and customer oriented.

Size, quality and price of the dishes was very good to me. Would go again definitely.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Steaks, niceley plump were cooked to perfection just as ordered! Other dishes also excellent with nothing left on the plates. Our party of 6 served efficiently by friendly server.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Its hard to get a good steak for a good value, at a restaurant let one a chain - let's face it. We'd heard good things so we decided to take a party of 7 for my sons birthday.service was slow at first then got better. Our server was OK not vibrant bubbly or super friendly but polite enough and efficient enough to be fine. I had to send my drink back as the glass was so sticky it stuck to coaster and finger. A martini too had to go back due to too much syrup. Other drinks were good. Bartenders need honing to hone skills here. For apps we ordered the home made chips and creamy BBQ sauce which was very good, and spinach artichoke dip with melted cheese which had good flavor but was not a dip. The cheese was too thick, hard and you needed a knife and fork to get it on your corn chips.silly. the garden or green salad with ranch on the side was icy cold and great but the Caesar dressing was not good at all. We ordered three rib eyes medium, a filet, a trout a renegade. All steaks came out together and were VERY thin however they were cooked perfectly. But...every meal was so oversalted that they were boarderline send backs. Even the fish was too salty. Steak had good flavor and just didn't need all that salt. We were all starving and last year at that "Australian steak place" we had a horrific experience so we decided to eat rather than muck up another birthday. For sides we had mashed potatoes which were excellent, beets which needed more goat cheese but good and fries which were fine. No manager can over to check with us nor could we identify one. Also I had mentioned it was a birthday to the hostess and for a $200+ bill you would think they'd bring something with a candle but no. This is a smaller than it looks place and should easily be manageable on a night when it wasn't busy but steady.the good news is we had a nice table the decor is pleasant its clean (except for that sticky glass) and everything is fixable if they want to. Oversalting is an issue and we were all crazy thirsty by the time we got home. This is a b to b- player overall but could be a hidden gem if they would serve food to be prouder of... I probably will go back but be much more vocal about what I order how I like it and will send back what isn't acceptable.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Several of us were in town for a meeting and went to Longhorn to eat. I'm not sure what I can say except the food was good and the staff was great. Besides that it's a chain restaurant that has the same food and mostly the same prices.
It is close to most of the hotels and I know that I would go back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very friendly staff making sure that you have a great time as well as excellent meals. Particularly enjoyed the popcorn shrimp appetiser and the flame grilled ribeye. Could have better (less sweet and not so hot) bread as a starter, if being picky. So good we ate there 3 times in a week.