“Great Menu, Ambiance & Service”
Review of Sippican Cafe - CLOSED

Sippican Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Took a short drive for lunch the other day and decided to give the Sippican Cafe a whirl. This is not our first visit to this place. We return again and again because the food quality is very good, ambiance was great and service is commendable. I had a Grilled Meatloaf Sandwich with a side of onion rings. Both were delicious. My wife had chowder and an order of Chicken Wings. No complaints here either. You need to take the drive to Marion and enjoy a great meal.

There are newer reviews for Sippican Cafe

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Recently visited the Sippican Cafe for an early supper on a Saturday during the summer. There was a large party in the main dining room so our party of 4 was seated in the front room where we could watch the cooks preparing the food. It was a bit noisy and a bit warm. It wasn't easy to hold a conversation with the person sitting across the table from me due to the noise. The wait staff was attentive and although informed us of the evening specials neglected to include the price. The food was alright, just average and I thought the dinner meals were pricey. The dinners come with a choice of 2 sides which includes the salad. For the price, I expected salad to be included with the dinner as well as a starch and a vegetable. There is a limited wine list and not all wine categories are available by the glass. I wouldn't rule out a return visit but was not overwhelmed as I expected based on the reviews I read.

2  Thank Corinne F
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food here is vey good. Dining can be tight depending on how full they are, and the wait staff is usually just fair. Drinks a bit pricey. If you want to stay in town this is as good as you'll get, but you've got better options in other towns close by.

3  Thank SPCAT
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went with a group of 4. All of us loved our appetizers, entrees and desert. Service was excellent by Scott.

1  Thank Whalingcitytraveler
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Excellent food and a friendly atmosphere at the Sippican Cafe in Marion. Nice little bar and outside tables as well. The best option on the South Coast.

1  Thank Duncan G