“Best B&B I've stayed in”
Review of Pheasant Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
Pheasant Hill Inn
Ranked #7 of 20 Marblehead B&B and Inns
London
“Best B&B I've stayed in”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Nancy and Bill have thought of everything! Even things you would not have thought of but are really nice to have. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Nancy's morning juices are splendid. Their recommendations for restaurants and shopping were spot on and the location within walking distance of the beach and shops is ideal. Absolutely gorgeous!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank ljenneruk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orlando
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed a week with Bill and Nancy in their lovely B&B. From the first day to the last, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our suite, the Bird's Nest, on the top floor, had a private entrance which allowed us maximum privacy. Just inside the porch entrance, we had access to a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and other helpful items such as a corkscrew, wine glasses and flatware. At the top of the stairs, our suite consisted of a bedroom, bathroom, large closet and sitting room with desk, small couch and a t.v. The rooms were decorated nicely and even included a supply of magazines and paperbacks.
The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the layout of the suite allowed for a heavenly cross-breeze through the rooms at all times. Towels were replenished daily according to our needs.
Breakfast was filling and delicious. Although I did not join the others for breakfast downstairs, Nancy made sure that a tray was prepared for me each morning which included oatmeal, fruit topped yogurt, muffins, toast, coffee and the most delicious fresh squeezed juice I have ever tasted.
The property was immaculately maintained and just a short walk to the beach or the commercial area of Marblehead. Nancy and Bill had excellent suggestions, advice and directions regarding the area. Their experience in running a successful B&B shows.
I would highly recommend this property to others.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank orland0pam
Palm Desert, ca
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Very nice B&B in a beautiful neighborhood! Well kept; nicely decorated; quiet; very comfortable bed; more than accomodating hosts; this is the best B&B I've found in Marblehead! Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bandbtraveler000
Dallas, TX
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Couldn't have picked a better place to stay in Marblehead! Every morning the dining room table was set for the guests so that they could enjoy the fruit, bagels (and other types of bread), coffee, tea etc.

In the living and dining room area, soft classical music was always playing, enhancing the ambiance of the lovely artwork and furnishings of the home.

The suites were also beautifully furnished and spotless!

Nancy and Bill could not have been nicer or more attentive during our stay there.

My friend and I plan to return to stay there and will certainly recommend the B&B to family and friends!

Gloria

• Stayed April 2009
2 Thank gltrippe
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2009

My fiance and I booked this b&b mainly because of its location as we were on a driving tour of the new england coast. We booked the Bird's Nest and thought it was a great room and we loved the privacy. I have to agree with another reviewer on this b&b with their comment of the host Nancy. Actually I never quite caught her name, she didnt seem concern with us as guests at all. Her husband, on the other hand, was nice and at least took an effort to recognize us. Breakfast was a nice continental but we noticed that one morning Nancy made a nice coffee cake in addition but the next morning none was served which was odd. The only other guest were friends of the owners who were visiting. It was at this point that we felt out of place at breakfast as the owners and their friends- the other guests - held their own conversations and we felt like we were intruding. I am sure that this was just a particular situation and wasnt the norm. I was also disappointed with the room's bathroom amenities- I was hoping for a hairdryer or more little things as obviously the owners took time to decorate the rooms and keep them in good shape.
Even though I loved the room I was happy when it was time to go, my fiance paid Nancy and he said that after she took his money she disappeared around the corner and he never saw her later- her husband apologized and said that she was busy and would say goodbye in abit- we never saw any sign of her after that!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dino0076, Owner/Operator at Pheasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2009
Sometimes our own lives get in the way....

I was very disappointed to read the review by Jenny about when she and Wolfgand stayed with us last November.

My husband and I have been operating Pheasant Hill since 1995. We have hosted thousands of guests and we do our very best to make our guests our "first priority". But, we do this 7 days a week (no other staff) and once in awhile our own lives get in the way.

This year we decided to take an extended holiday. Yes, we were leaving two days after our last guests (Jenny & Wolfgang) and I was definitely frazzeled getting everything organized. The fact that I disappeared shouldn't have been taken personally and I apologize.

As to Jenny thinking the other guests were friends wasn't quite right. They were actually repeat guests who enjoyed their previous stay and returned.

Although we do not put all guest amenities in the rooms we do try to make many available - hair dryers, sewing kits, tooth paste, irons, ice buckets, umbrellas, etc. are all availabe. We have loaned out wind breakers, boots, ties, earrings, canes, beach blankets and picnic baskets, etc.

Comments on past review....I would also like to correct a couple of misconceptions mentioned by Kelly001 in 2006. Parking is not limited. We actually put people in the lower driveway unless they want to park up top. If need be, I park on the street to keep cars to only three up top. We don't put guests' cars in our garage since it is full of lawn mowers, tools, etc. But, we have often put guests' bicycles there to keep them dry.

Our breakfasts are "continental' because it is town/state zoning rules which prevent us from "cooking" . We are in a residential neighborhood and cannot get restaurant licences. Our breakfasts are much more than a "dried up english muffin. We make a special effort to present fresh fruit which looks as good as it tastes...not fruit salad added to every day. We have a bread basket with croissants, english muffins, nut breads, etc., (and, yes, I do sneak in coffee cake once in awhile) fruit juices, cereals, yogurst, bannana/raisins, all natural nut butters, cheeses, and more. We say breakfast is from 8-9:30, but guests can stay as long as they wish. Some have even stayed at the dining room table talking until noon. Of course, if someone comes in really late, or needs to leave really early, we adjust our times or make special trays.

All in all, when a guest is disatisfied what has really happened is we have not done our job expaining our services. We try not to overwhelm guests when they first arrive and leave a Guest Information Sheet in all the rooms. We like to answer questions in the morning at breakfast when everyone is fresh. It's then we can provide maps, make site-seeing suggestions, review restaurants, etc.

We have a fabulous house on an acre of landscaped grounds, one old cat and charming rooms we try to update every year with fresh linens, and new decor.

All in all, we try to treat guests like we want to be treated ourselves. But...we are not perfect.
London
Reviewed October 19, 2008

This was a gorgeous B&B. Our suite was lovely with a sweet sitting room and private deck. Our hosts were great and we really enjoyed the far-ranging chats over breakfast as well as the helpful advice, maps etc. Although breakfast was continenental it was great and after the many restaurant recommendations we struggled to do it justice. It was easy to find the B&B and just a reasonable stroll into town.

• Liked — Charming, laid back but hospitable hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Dorset
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We spent the penultimate night of our US 'road trip' at the Pheasant Hill Inn, Marblehead and only wished we'd had another day or so to enjoy the peace and comfort of this great B & B. We managed a stroll around 'the neck' during the afternoon and Bill recommended a great restaurant in the town. We dropped off to sleep that night with the sound of the surf gently lapping the shore. A real find and one we feel we can safely recommend to any friends travelling in New England.
Elegant and comfortable, we hope to return to Pheasant Hill and Marblehead in the future.

• Liked — The whole 'feel'
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#2 of 20 in Marblehead
Harbor Gardens
Harbor Gardens
#10 of 20 in Marblehead

Been to Pheasant Hill Inn? Share your experiences!