Harborside House
$216
$249
$184
Travelocity
The Hotel Salem(Salem)(Great Value!)
$189
$144
$157
Plaza Motel(Peabody)
$89
All reviewsat homeb bbreadmade us feelbeautiful historic homehistoric townnew englandfresh flowersexcellent recommendationsmy nieceboston areathought of everythingvisit salemlovely gardenrich in historywithin walking distancegarden room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My partner and I were supposed to arrive on Tuesday the 30th but due to hurricane Sandy we weren't able to make it until 31st. Susan kept in touch with us to make sure that we had made it to Massachusetts okay, since we were driving from a very affected area in New York. Susan was a very pleasant and attentive hostess, and we were blown away by the AMAZING breakfast she served us. We look forward to coming back as soon as we get another chance. 5 stars. An excellent place to stay.
Mariasol & Erick

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mariasol R
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had a week to myself in the Boston area, and I couldn't have found a more enjoyable place to spend it than at the Harborside House in Marblehead. I loved everything about the town, the historic house, and the owner Susan. She was extremely gracious, helpful, and accommodating from our first email communications right through the day I left. The house is spotless, the rooms are charming, and the breakfast (which can be had out on the terrace looking across at the ocean) was delicious. Susan listened to the kinds of things that interested me (scenic walks, local attractions, historic cemeteries, vegetarian food, etc) and then gave me excellent recommendations. She is a gem, and makes a stay at Harborside House above and beyond what you would find anywhere else. I am very much looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: There are two room choices and I stayed for a few nights in both. The front corner room has two twin beds and a great ocean view, and the back corner bedroom has a full bed with garden views and a little sitting room across the hall. Each rooms is bright, spacious, nicely furnished, and well appointed. I was equally pleased with both and would recommend either one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A lovely place in a beautiful location. Susan is a charming and vivacious hostess, gave a great restaurant tip (Jack Tar), and shared information on the house. Fresh flowers from her garden were found throughout the home, and her breakfast was charming and tasty. Coffee was excellent. One would do well to consider a stay in this cozy atmosphere at any time of the year. Whenever we return to Marblehead, the Harborside House will be a definite part of our plans.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Really enjoyed this historic house right by the water in Marblehead. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The owner was knowledgeable about the area (suggesting a great place to eat a bite and a lovely historic walk) and helpful when I had to plan an evening trip into Boston. I really appreciated her willingness to make a one-night reservation, too. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: I loved the suite in the back which has a bedroom and a smaller den across the hall. Very handy for business travellers to have a chance to go into another space to work, which I did several times.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were quite late arriving due to problems landing at Boston airport, this was not a problem for our host. She was ready and waiting to help us to our rooms and give us a welcome cup of tea (typical of us UK residents). The rooms were well furnished in keeping with the period of the house, the lounge particularly had some wonderful period furniture and was very homely. Our host was brilliant, giving advise on where to go and what to do, even working out a walking route that gave us the best of the location in the short amount of time we had, as we were only staying one night before traveling north the next day. Breakfast was delightful, full of home made delights, we stayed at the dining table for ages. Our host was right, one night is not enough, this is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends