“A charming inn with outstanding accommodations”
Review of Harbor Light Inn

Harbor Light Inn
Ranked #1 of 20 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Florida
“A charming inn with outstanding accommodations”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We were greeted by the inn's owner and were helped with our luggage to our second floor room. We loved the corner fire place and the attention to detail found everywhere we turned in our bedroom. Then there was the tavern: A great selection of fine wine as well as wonderful cordials that mixed with nice warm soup on a cold winter day that made everything just perfect. The breakfast was a delight with choices every day that were always delicious. Peter the owner and his manager Susan could not have been better hosts. They were friendly and willing to make our stay memorable in every way. We will be back again but next time without the foot of snow on the ground so that we will be able to enjoy the out door garden with the pool and the beauty that is Marblehead.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Brighton, MA
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Harbor Light Inn is wonderful. The rooms are adorable and the staff far exceeded our expectations. Each day's breakfast was delicious, and the cozy tavern was great for hanging out with family. Thank you to Peter, Susan, Janice, Ron, and the rest of the staff-- you are the best!!!

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed December 26, 2009

My husband and I have been visiting Marblehead several times a year for the past four years and we always stay at the Harbor Light Inn. It feels like a home away from home. Susan George is the Manager of the Harbor Light and she is wonderful in her attention to taking care of her guests. My husband and I feel very comfortable and safe staying at the Harbor Light Inn and we would not think of staying anywhere else. The Inn is located in the Old Town section of Marblehead. There are many wonderful shops close by and places to eat. We highly recommend the Harbor Light Inn.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
seattle wa
Reviewed December 22, 2009

We just had our December small family wedding at the Harbor Light Inn and it could hardly have been more picture-perfect. My husband Mac’s Marblehead relatives all told us this was THE perfect spot to stay and to have the wedding and they were RIGHT! Since December weather can be harsh, it was fantastic to be able to do everything there. We were married by the cozy fire in the parlor, with family and friends, then moved to the dining room for our post-wedding dinner. Through it all, expert manager Susan took care of us, my family who all came from out of town, and she followed up everything to make sure we were all happy. We also met Peter, the owner, a truly gracious man who knows how to run a full-service inn. Janis, who is there when Susan is not, was equally as welcoming and helpful.

Susan arranged for rooms for all the out-of-towners, and she gave us the names of several local caterers, photographers, and florists. She really knows the good ones! I was very pleased with the quality and professionalism of Every Little Breeze Catering (who led me to a great wedding cake baker, www.sweetlifeconfections.com) and Paulette Brophy of Flower House.

The rooms are beautifully furnished and well-tended by the staff, the atmosphere is personal and warm, and the parlors and the tiny bar are fun spaces to hang out in. It was a joy to come down every morning to their big warm breakfast buffet. Out the door and a minute’s walk away is a great street of the best little boutiques. We walked to several different restaurants from there as well as historic Abbot Hall, where the “Spirit of ’76” painting is displayed.

We had 7 weeks to make all the arrangements from 3000 miles away, but with the great coordination of Susan and the vendors, it was so much easier than I expected. One special note for couples: the laws of Massachusetts allow for single-event Justice-of-the-Peace licenses. We were married by Mac’s brother – so meaningful for everyone! My relatives are already talking about returning to the Harbor Light Inn for future getaways and more visits to Marblehead. I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

nj
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I was with the Carmi and Jay Paris group - this was our 2nd year at Harbor Light and the staff and whole town were just wonderful! I have already told many people about this small but large gem!

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We were travelling through Massachusetts without any itinerary, and sort of stumbled upon this inn in Marblehead. It is located on a quaint, narrow street of row houses and small shops. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when walking in, but it was lovely. I knew we had found a treasure the moment I stepped into the foyer. The bedrooms were charming and everything was very clean. The pool was inviting, but the weather was too cool to swim that day. Best of all, the inn is located within short walking distance of many shops and restaurants. The area is loaded with historical buildings, and is located near the waterfront sites of many revolutionary war battles. Just what a tourist from Michigan was looking for!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
lighthouse point, florida
Reviewed November 20, 2009

My daughter was married at the Boston Yacht Club in Marblehead so my family came from various parts of the US to stay for the wedding weekend. To say that the Harbor Light Inn was awesome would be a smalll compliment. The staff and accommodations were outstanding and I have to say the small bar was the meeting spot when family returned from the weekend festivities.

I relieved my mother of the bride stress by lighting a fire in the cozy room and enjoying the tranquil surroundings. I am not one to usually go overboard but I feel I must because the staff made every single one of us feel like a very special guest. Having breakfast on the terrace looking out at the pool and gardens made for a peaceful beginning of the day ... and the wedding (despite rain) came off without a hitch. Just like I said, a magical weekend ... Gail Marker (Lighthouse Point, FL)

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#2 of 20 in Marblehead
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Harbor Light Inn? Share your experiences!