“Best Inn I've stayed in”
Review of Harbor Light Inn

Harbor Light Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Here on business and what a great surprise. I usually now prefer small intimate but upscale inns to the garden variety chain hotels. This inn was a very pleasant experience due to the freindly helpful staff and the quality of the furnishings and amenities. too bad the previous reviewer did not try the breakfast, it was the best ! Lots of choices, great egg caserole and fresh salmon platter. Next time I will bring my wife. I know she will love this place and this town.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Harbor Light Inn

Reviewed June 25, 2009

Booked into the Harbor Light on recommendation of a colleague who lives locally. Was surprised to have to pay 50% of stay up front on booking, and the remainder on arrival, but not a huge problem. Room comfortable enough, although the sounds of the plumbing became wearing during the week. Bathroom tired and in need of some TLC. Was surprised to find an envelope inviting me to leave a tip for housekeeping staff - might have left something if I hadn't found a half drunk bottle of beer by the TV. Can't comment on breakfast - I had to leave each morning by 7:30, and breakfast wasn't served till then.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Igloo124
Reviewed May 24, 2009

After the Marblehead Inn blundered our reservation, we found ourselves without a room one week before a family event. Being from out of town, we had no idea of where to stay at the the last minute. We wanted to stay at a B&B as we hoped to combine our trip with a romantic weekend getaway.

After going on to TripAdvisor, we called the Innkeeper of The Harbor Light to see if there were any vacancies. Margaret answered the phone and was most professional, friendly and empathetic to our plight. A room was available. Within minutes we received our email confirmation. The day before we arrived, I re-confirmed and Rob the Innkeeper was extremely helpful and provided us with additional information for our arrival.

The room was clean, had all the amenities we needed, and was so quiet! We slept like babies after our trip from New York City. The breakfast was hearty, fresh and abundant. We were set for the day. While we didn't take advantage of the in-house tavern due to the family event, we did notice many happy guests congregating there.

Overall, I would recommend the Harbor Light Inn to those who wish to stay at a lovely, Historic Inn, coupled with a luxury experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYCTravelingGal
Reviewed December 1, 2008

We just returned from Thanksgiving in Marblehead. We had a great time and what really made the trip was that we loved the place we stayed--the Harbor Light Inn. We were greeted warmly when we arrived and were treated like friends throughout our stay. The room was very nice, the breakfast and breakfast room were great and we enjoyed spending time in the Tavern meeting new people. The staff was terrrific and did everything to make our stay enjoyable. We are looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank manhattanonthego
Reviewed November 28, 2008

My wife and I went to the Harbor Light Inn to celebrate her 30th birthday. I had completely underestimated how incredible this place would be. The breakfasts are extraordinary, the premises are gorgeous (had a fireplace and hottub in our room!), and the staff are incredibly welcoming. We didn't even want to leave the Inn because it had everything we wanted right on the premises. Even its new Tavern adds a delightful feel. We give this place our highest recommendation.
- David and Priscilla

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I'm a little late in writing this review but I wanted to express my gratitude to the Harbor Light Inn for their efforts with planning and executing a baby shower. We used their dining room to have a small baby shower (20 people). It was an absolutely perfect setting. My friend was having a baby boy and was doing a nautical theme in her nursery. We decided to carry the nautical theme into the shower. What a perfect setting ... blue colors in the dining room with a nautical touch in the Inn's decorating. And then the views out the French doors to the beautifully landscaped back yard and pool topped it. We used half of the dining room to hold the food, cake, drinks, and presents while we dined/entertained ourselves in the other half. Our budget was tight but the Inn's coordinator was so helpful in meeting us in the middle. We ended up bring the food, drinks, decorations, etc and the Inn supplied the room, place settings, and misc service. The day went off perfectly and everyone had a wonderful time. The only thing I would have asked for was a little more service in cleaning away the dishes when we finished eating (but I can't remember if that was part of our agreement). Overall, I would highly recommend this venue for any small events (up to 20 people)!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2008

Very nice place. We enjoyed ourselves. The fireplace in the room and the attractive decor really added to our stay. The place was right in the heart of the historical area of Marblehead. The breakfast was very nice and served in a very attractive and bright dining room. I have long dreamed of going back.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
Marblehead Inn
Marblehead Inn
#3 of 19 in Marblehead

Been to Harbor Light Inn? Share your experiences!