Harbor Light Inn
The Hotel Salem(Salem)
$205
$199
  • Breakfast included
Wylie Inn and Conference Center(Beverly)(Great Value!)
$143
$129
$209
Hotels.com
$144
$171
Plaza Motel(Peabody)
$89
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody(Peabody)(Great Value!)
$138
$125
$144
$130
All reviewsnew englandsmall barmy husband and icasseroledining roomfrench toasthot dishold townposter bedworking fireplacesail loftshops and restaurantswalking distance to everythingthe entire staffplenty of parkingnorth shorefort sewall
Reviewed November 28, 2008

My wife and I went to the Harbor Light Inn to celebrate her 30th birthday. I had completely underestimated how incredible this place would be. The breakfasts are extraordinary, the premises are gorgeous (had a fireplace and hottub in our room!), and the staff are incredibly welcoming. We didn't even want to leave the Inn because it had everything we wanted right on the premises. Even its new Tavern adds a delightful feel. We give this place our highest recommendation.
- David and Priscilla

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I'm a little late in writing this review but I wanted to express my gratitude to the Harbor Light Inn for their efforts with planning and executing a baby shower. We used their dining room to have a small baby shower (20 people). It was an absolutely perfect setting. My friend was having a baby boy and was doing a nautical theme in her nursery. We decided to carry the nautical theme into the shower. What a perfect setting ... blue colors in the dining room with a nautical touch in the Inn's decorating. And then the views out the French doors to the beautifully landscaped back yard and pool topped it. We used half of the dining room to hold the food, cake, drinks, and presents while we dined/entertained ourselves in the other half. Our budget was tight but the Inn's coordinator was so helpful in meeting us in the middle. We ended up bring the food, drinks, decorations, etc and the Inn supplied the room, place settings, and misc service. The day went off perfectly and everyone had a wonderful time. The only thing I would have asked for was a little more service in cleaning away the dishes when we finished eating (but I can't remember if that was part of our agreement). Overall, I would highly recommend this venue for any small events (up to 20 people)!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2008

Very nice place. We enjoyed ourselves. The fireplace in the room and the attractive decor really added to our stay. The place was right in the heart of the historical area of Marblehead. The breakfast was very nice and served in a very attractive and bright dining room. I have long dreamed of going back.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend in this charming, romantic gem in the center of historical Marblehead. Everything that we wanted was within walking distance, shopping, restaurants and the harbor. We never had to use our car. In addition, the staff was great, very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2008

My wife and I stayed two nights at this Bed and Breakfast. There are so many things I could say about our trip and how we found this gem...Five stars throughout! There was a seven or eight year old German boy that was sent to turn in his parents' key. You could tell he was a little uncomfortable not being able to speak english when, Susan, the manager greeted him. As soon as she found out which room he was in, she began speaking German! This kids' eyes lit up and he was so happy. If that doesn't give you a great description, I don't know what will. The staff goes the extra mile and then some. Our only problem was having to check out and we could have stayed at least another day or two! The food is so spectacular. I only had one piece of a sausage and spinach casserole and wanted more... sure enough, out comes another dish. They recently added a lounge that was the perfect ending to one of our nights there. Ask for the room with the "Widow's Walk" if the weather is nice. It was fabulous and I talked my wife into keeping the door open so I could smell the ocean when I woke up. Not only that, when the wind was perfect, we could hear the ocean! This was only our second Bed and Breakfast experience but it will be hard to compare any others to these two nights. Peter, Susan and to the rest of the staff... we cannot wait to get back. Thank you for your part in the most wonderful honeymoon we could imagine.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple