“Oozing with charm”

Ranked #1 of 19 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Billerica, Massachusetts
“Oozing with charm”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

What an amazing weekend we had! This was my husband and my first trip to Marblehead and only happened to stumble upon it by accident. We booked this stay at the last minute and being the 4th of July weekend, we were blessed to find there was one vacancy left. This was a very special weekend in historic Marblehead with lots going on including an Arts Festival which I adore! The accommodations were positively charming and our room was impeccable! It was so clean and bright and plenty spacious. We even had a whirlpool tub which fit 2 people with plenty of room to spare! The hot breakfast was one of the best we've had which included plenty of choices including savory quiche, sausage, homemade french toast, assorted pastries, yogurts, cereal, fresh fruit...etc... An afternoon snack is set out for the guests to enjoy as well along with some ice cold freshly brewed iced tea which my husband enjoyed out by the sparking swimming pool. Although my husband and I don't drink, for those of you who enjoy a cocktail or two, there is a quaint lounge with a bar that opens early evening and offers a light fare of appetizers. The staff was courteous and friendly and provided a wealth of information on the activities happening around the town. The Inn is so conveniently located in the heart of Marblehead Neck that everything was within walking distance including restaurants and beaches. We parked our car for the weekend and left the keys in our room. We have fallen in love with this quaint little town and had the most fabulous time! We will definitely be returning to the Harbor Light Inn and highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HarborLightInn, Manager at Harbor Light Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We both got lucky this holiday! You discovered Marblehead and Harbor Light Inn when we had a cancellation and we now have a new guest excited about returning to our Charming Inn. I am so glad to hear everything was perfect for you. Thank you for sharing your story! We look forward to your return visit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Nantucket, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 30, 2014

A beautiful place to stay in the heart of historic Marblehead, I loved my visit here! Hospitable,lovely staff and everything is a small lovely walk away! You can smell the salt sea air and stroll through the winding, historical streets of Marblehead. Just a perfect vacation spot in a glorious town!

Room Tip: Indulge in a suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marblehead, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I were moving to Marblehead, and wanted to spend our first night before the closing in the town. Harbor Light Inn staff were amazing. Margie and Dominic (may have spelling wrong) were the best welcome into town we could want. They gave us the best recommendations on where to eat, and what to do when we moved in. In Marblehead your transfer station sticker is also your beach sticker. Best advice ever!! Thank you Margie. The room we had was on the third floor but this didn't matter since the hotel is the best kept older Inn we have ever stayed at. Even continuous hot water in the bathroom. Our room had a private deck, which was perfect for a cup of coffee in the morning. The breakfast provided was perfect. They even had a small "tavern bar" for wine, beer, and after dinner drinks served again by the amazing Margie who gave us even more helpful tips to living in Marblehead. Worth every penny. Wish we could spend Christmas there!!

Room Tip: They do have a pool which could be considered Kids activities.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HarborLightInn, Manager at Harbor Light Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Welcome to town! I am so happy to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy our amazing staff and Inn.
Marj is our incredible one women Chamber of Commerce and loves to share her knowledge with guests. Marj and Dominique couldn't be more pleasant and welcoming. I am so proud of all of my staff and appreciate hearing that they helped create a wonderful experience here at the Inn.
We look forward to welcoming you at our Tavern now that your a neighbor!
Reviewed June 19, 2014

we stayed here Last weekend, what a great place to stay, the town of marblehead was small and all the shops were within walking distance. the Inn itself was very clean and the staff was super nice, also the breakfeast was fantastic . i hope to come back to this area again and will stay here if I do.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jkdean
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Flight at Logan cancelled with no hotel availability in Boston. Found HLI through online search. I was definitely in a pinch for a place to rest my head for the evening and the fine folks at the HLI came through for me in a big way. They made sure I felt at home. The room was clean comfy and classy. The surrounding area was a site to behold. There were beautiful homes, a bay within short walking distance with breathtaking views and plenty of places to eat and shop nearby. HLI staff put me on great places to eat, sites to see and arranged transportation back to Logan for the next day. It’s actually good that my flight was cancelled because I just found my future place to stay on my next trip to MA!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HarborLightInn, Manager at Harbor Light Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Isn't it great when things work out for the best! I was so pleased to hear my staff helped turn around a bad airport situation and created a pleasant stay at the end of your day. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you have business in Boston.
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were a party of two on a weekend getaway this past weekend and are so delighted that we chose to stay at Harbor Light Inn. The room was lovely...four poster bed, and an (admittedly unused but charming) fireplace lent just the right touch of romance without being sappy. The staff was very accommodating to our requests for things like...keeping our ice packs in their freezer, chilling wine brought with us for a picnic elsewhere, extra towels, etc. Everyone smiled and seemed truly happy to be working in the gracious surroundings. We found the breakfast to be delicious, the hot foods kept hot and the selection of fruit was great. I generally don't eat cereal but I noticed provision for those who do as well as yogurt and homemade breads. On Sunday freshly made biscotti (white chocolate-cranberry) was made available for the afternoon munchies and my SO found it delicious. The only issue, and truly the ONLY one, was that there are not enough outlets for the modern traveler...two phones to charge, two computers to charge...one Nook...but we managed anyway and had a FABULOUS stay. The town itself is wonderful and steeped in history and beautiful homes and scenery. We didn't spend nearly enough time exploring so I think this trip may be a repeater!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor near the front door and the stairs but didn't have a problem with noi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write the five Star review! It is such a pleasure having you visit us and I am so pleased you enjoyed all that we have to offer.
Since we are a beautiful old antique home, if a room does not have enough outlets to keep up with technology we have power strips to give guests who require more. On your next visit if you should need one please don't hesitate to ask at our reception.
There is so much to do and explore in our lovely town that one couldn't possible complete in one weekend. I know you will return. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Inn
South Thomaston, Maine
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place is so warm and wonderful. Okay YES, they have a very good photographer and the rooms look a bit more elegant than they are. But not by much. But think about it- good website, good photography...yep they tend to do everything well here. All first rate. Polite, elegant, romantic, ambiance, style, service, location, class and most of the breakfast is beyond description. Even the coffee is first rate. You'll love this place. Seriously.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
What a great compliment! Thank you for taking the time to write and spread the word with such an enthusiastic review!
It is our pleasure to have you visit and we look forward to your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#2 of 19 in Marblehead
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Harbor Light Inn? Share your experiences!