Harbor Light Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$249
$184
Travelocity
The Hotel Salem(Salem)(Great Value!)
$189
Plaza Motel(Peabody)
$89
$128
$116
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody(Peabody)(Great Value!)
$135
$122
All reviewsnew englandsmall barmy husband and icasseroledining roomfrench toastb bhot dishold townposter bedworking fireplacesail loftshops and restaurantswalking distance to everythingthe entire staffplenty of parkingnorth shore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have been coming to Marblehead to attend an annual gathering with friends for several years and the Harbor Light Inn feels like home! The staff is wonderful and welcoming, ready to help solve any problem. I've stayed in many different rooms and each one has a special charm. Comfortable gathering spaces and a great little bar that attracts lots of locals. I will be back!

Room Tip: The ones with fireplaces are awesome and romantic. There is no spa or fitness center. Didn't know how to score...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HarborLightInn, Manager at Harbor Light Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

We always enjoy having our repeat groups back. I am happy to hear our intimate atmosphere makes you feel at home. It is always our pleasure to welcome back friends and meet new ones.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Spent the weekend. Rooms and suite were lovely and clean. Keep in mind that it's an older location, and if something breaks in the room, it may not be corrected immediately. Food was good, and staff friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank earlybird199

Thank you for taking the time for reviewing our lovely Inn and friendly staff. We take a lot of pride in our property and try to take care of everything here at the Inn as soon as possible. Brian is on staff to do just that. Our front Desk staff are always willing and able to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was the third year in a row I've come here for a long weekend get away, and as always it was fantastic. The town of Marblehead is one of my favorite places to visit, and this inn is a great place to stay while visiting. Personally, I prefer the B&B experience to a big hotel, but I also like a little privacy/anonymity and this place strikes a good balance. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, there's a lovely sitting room and a cozy tavern if you want to be sociable, but they also offer a small DVD library and plenty of drink and snack options if you just want to relax in your room.
The only downside to the visit was the cold... we chose one of the fireplace rooms and the fireplaces do not have dampers, so a board was kept in front of the fireplace to reduce the draft. Even with it in place, the room got quite chilly at night and the heater was a little too loud to sleep with. But, it's an old house and those are things you have to deal with, just like squeaky stairs, so we threw on some warm socks and cuddled under the blankets and slept just fine!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sbaldwin76
HarborLightInn, Manager at Harbor Light Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

It is so nice that you enjoy returning to our beautiful Inn and appreciate our friendly staff and antique home. We're sorry to hear that you were chilly but happy that you managed to bundle up.
Several of the rooms have individual heaters and we are checking to see why yours may have been too loud. Thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to another visit from you next year!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I surprised my boyfriend with an overnight stay here for his birthday. It was beautiful inside and the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. They allowed me to gain access to our room early to surprise him with decorations and they even let me store a small cake in their spare refrigerator. The Inn is located within walking distance of several restaurants and attractions which is very convenient too. The breakfast was a tasty all you can eat buffet of fresh fruit, sweet breads ,bagels/muffins, pancakes and quishe. They were even kind enough to make a whole pot of decaf coffee for me since I don't drink 'regular' coffee. We would have liked to stay another night but unfortunately our schedules didn't allow for it. We will definitely be thinking of this place the next time we want a quick escape from everyday life.

Room Tip: No elevator, if you have issues with stairs request the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patty V
HarborLightInn, Manager at Harbor Light Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

We were so happy we could help you make the Birthday surprise special for your boyfriend.
You put so much effort into it we wanted it to be perfect for you. Thanks for choosing us to create fond memories. We look forward to seeing you both again for any occasion.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Well, I could come back here every year and be happy. It is a great walking town, the kind of place that makes you want to put your own house on the market and move directly here. The setting is pure New England with good restaurants and fun shops. The inn is welcoming and comfortable. I especially loved the tavern where you could sit and drink or get a light bite. There are many cozy spots to sit and enjoy. I can't think of any negatives!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marjorie v
HarborLightInn, Manager at Harbor Light Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write the complimentary review. We are pleased that you chose to stay with us on your trip out east to this great town. The Inn does have many common areas and I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our intimate Wine and Beer Tavern. We look forward to seeing you in the future.