“0ne word "Fantastic"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
17 Chestnut Street B&B
Ranked #10 of 19 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Jacksonville
“0ne word "Fantastic"”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I first stayed at the 17 Chestnut St., B & B in Marble Head seven years ago.. The Thomas sisters were like family from the start. I agree with all of the comments; Immaculately clean, feels like family, you could eat off the floor,ETC!! I just returned from Marble Head once again (after begging Suzanne to adopt us) The one thing that stands out in my mind is the feeling of peace that seems to fill the B&B I will continue to enjoy this delightful B&B each time I return to Marble Head and I would highly recommend this B&B to any traveler heading to Marble Head.

Room Tip: The Gordon room is great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've known of this B & B for quite a while but never had the opportunity to stay there until last weekend. The Owner is charming and accomodating and the Inn is lovely and filled with beautiful old antiques. The place is so spotless and clean that you could truly eat off the floors if you choose to do so. Breakfast was so well done and I was quite full on all the yummy muffins, fruit, etc. There were other people staying there for the weekend and they were very pleasant and very enjoyable to be around. You can walk to everything from the Inn and so I was sorry that I went to the expense to rent a car because it was never used since everything is so handy. I will only stay at 17 Chestnut Street on my future trips to Marblehead because it's like being in my own home (but cleaner!!). I highly recommend anyone coming to Marblehead to make this their "home away from home".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janet A
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were fortunate to find this b&b at the last minute and could not have been more pleased. Our hostess was gracious and accommodating, going the extra mile.

We had a lovely trip to Marblehead and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. 17 Chestnut Street was delightful. Everything was pristine, cheerful and well-thought out. The proprietor was gracious and thoughtful, even giving me a huge box of bandaids for my blistered feet and offering her dryer for our wet clothes after being caught in a squall as we walked home from dinner. It was quite unexpected but warm and pleasant. However, sand washed into my comfy shoes, abrading my poor feet resulting in about seven blisters! (We should have taken one of an assortment of umbrellas available in the hall!)

Our breakfasts at 17 Chestnut were scrumptious . . . fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, melon, grapes, etc. in varying combinatiions, quiche, cinnamnon toast, toasted English muffins, jams, etc. as well as an assortment of cold cereals, juices, etc.and excellent freshly ground coffee. The dining room was very pretty and nicely appointed with family heirlooms mixed with coordinating accessories. She even used somne of her grandmother's Haviland china! We felt so at home. The house was built in the mid eighteen hundreds and had been in her family for three generations.

The owner's two little dogs are mannerly and sweet. (My husband who hates dogs did not mind them at all.)

We stayed in the bright and welcoming Powers Room upstairs with a shared bath. The other room with two single beds was occupied only one night by a single person. The beds were comfy and the room appointed with many thoughtful amenities. The downstairs room was booked.

Our hostess recommended two fine seafood restaurants (one casual, one more refined) in town both on the water so we walked there for our dinner which was excellent.

Marblehead is a pretty town with winding, gently hilled streets lined with old well-maintained homes with fine plantings. There were quite a few nice shops and stores but it is not a tourist town really. People were very friendly and the community tight and safe. We really liked this picturesque village!

Yesterday we drove out to Rockport which is also located northeast, also right on the coast but quite touristy. It was still fun to walk around and we had a good lunch there before heading back home, looking fforward to another opportunity to stay at 17 Chestnut Street! (Thank you again, Suzanne!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Colchester, Connecticut
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We just loved this small, charming B&B!! We stayed in the the Gordon room and the bed was the most comfortable we've ever slept in!! The inn is beautiful and clean; the hostesses are the sweetest, and breakfast was so enjoyable - tasty food & enjoyable company!! I will definitely recommend this to anyone & everyone!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KristiSue
Chicago
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Owned and operated by identical twin sisters, 17 Chestnut St. B&B is a charming old home filled with family antiques and mementos in a quitet Marblehead neighborhood. Walk to downtown Marblehead or drive to nearby Salem to see the sights.

Our rooms were light, bright, clean and comfortable. We all slept well and were treated to fruit salad and chocolate croissants for breakfast. Yumm.

Chestnut Street B&B is also a great value. We throughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon C
Hackettstown, NJ
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were blessed to be guests of Suzanne and Linda Thomas this past Sunday night. We stayed in the two upstairs rooms which shared a bath - a perfect arrangement for a family with two teens. The B&B is spotlessly clean, the breakfast is wonderful, and the hostesses are gracious, warm, and welcoming. Linda even drove us across town to a wonderful restaurant and offered to pick us up when we were finished. We opted to walk back to view more of charming Marblehead. I would definitely recommend this B&B and would definitely stay again if I find myself in that area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 46erwidow
California
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at 17 Chestnut Street in the beautiful, historic town of Marblehead. The location is perfect, and the immaculate house is thoughtfully and graciously appointed. We are looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank olive2eat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#1 of 19 in Marblehead
Marblehead Inn
Marblehead Inn
#2 of 19 in Marblehead

Been to 17 Chestnut Street B&B? Share your experiences!