“Fantastic”

Add it.
Jack Tar American Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A tavern in historic Marblehead serving comfort foods like mac-and-cheese and soups, as well as pizzas and sandwiches.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ending up eating here three nights in a row!
Crab cakes, BBQ duck Quesadilla,BBQ ribs....all were delicious! Read in another review that someone did not like the french fries but both my husband and I thought they were quite good.
They were packed on Friday and Saturday night but it was well worth the wait. Everyone was friendly as well.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Jack Tar is a smallish restaurant in Old Town Marblehead. It has a nice outdoor area for balmy summer days. Since it is no longer summer, we ate indoors for the first time. The restaurant has two small rooms and both get noisy as they fill up. (I would recommend reservations after 6 p.m.)
They have a good "specials" menu and a great pizza deal! I had steak tips cooked as ordered and was able to substitute a salad for my veggie. My wife had scallops on risotto; six large scallops cooked perfectly.
The desserts sounded good but the meal itself was very large so we opted out.. The coffee was okay.
They have an extensive wine and beer list and some specialty cocktails.
The service was very good;fast and pleasant.
Pricing is very good considering the quality of the meal.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Although late in the evening, our B&B advised that this location served until late before stopping service which fitted nicely to our needs. We were seated without delay and given sound advice on the menu assisting the one in our party with allergies. Three of the four had crab cakes and having now been in the USA for nearly two weeks, they have not been beaten, still being mentioned as the best ever tasted. (This meal was 13 days ago). One minor criticism, the only person who really wanted dessert ( the one with the nut allergies) couldn't but everyone else did having heard the choices. The staff were friendly and we had a great laugh and joke as us Brits got used to the American terminology and vice versa. Lovely place to eat, great staff and nice food.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

While traveling we seldom eat at the same restaurant twice and that is exactly what we did at the Jack Tar American Tavern. The food from presentation to taste was excellent. The service was good and the ambience of the restaurant was warm and inviting.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner dining outdoors under the stars. Food was
creative and delicious. It had been 20 years since I had been to Marblehead
and so went on line before I got there to figure out where to go. This was
a great place and never would have discovered it on my own.